Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
seizures
Amy6979 posted:
Any advice for meds for gran mal seizures. Unfortunately I have had them if I don't take my meds.. Klonopin now.. cheap & in the benzo. family for the reason I have them.. from a dr. cause Dilantin wasn't working anymore, nor Tegretol, Keppra, etc. Dr.'s giving me a hard time now for taking this but I don't have insurance and am very scared to go to E.R., which I did once to get a different RX, Librium.. then read it was a benzo.. tho doc said to wing off of it in 4 days... what??? I've been on this med. for like 5 yrs. now due to kids & a car accident & doc giving it to me. Help.. any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
~ Amy

BlazingTiger responded:
Hi Amy,
first of all any anti covulsant work differently on different people. talk with your dr. and see what he or she has to say. above all else do some research. See what is avilable your doctor and you should work as a team. find out the class of med. side effects & more.
www.rxlist.com
this is where i research my meds at.

Jason

hula_dancer73 responded:
hi amy.

have you suggested to your docs about the newer drugs.

I take 3 mgs of Klonopin, 600 mgs of Lamictal, and 600 mgs of Vimpat plus a device callled a VNS.

the Vimpat is 200 mgs over the limit and the Lamictal is 200 mgs over teh limit, but it works for me.

You can also go to www.mayoclinic.com
They have diseases and disorders and they have drugs and other things.

I use that to look up my drugs or go to www.efa.org

or to www.epilepsy.com

good sites.

ou can get most of the info thru both those sites or at least some of it. This site has and epilepsy health center and a resourse center along with some tips.

hope that helped some.

hula_dancer

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center