Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Weekend plans?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
I can't wait to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics tonight!

My kid just joined a swim team so I'm hoping she gets even more excited about the sport over the next few weeks.

Going to hit the beach on Sunday - supposed to be HOT in Los Angeles. The beach is 10 - 20 degrees cooler than where I live so it is a must.

How about you?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

BlazingTiger responded:
My weekend is going to be relatively boring compared to you. Staying at home. Swimming is a good thing to get in to.

Jason

saxofone1 responded:
Hi Haylen, Jason, and everyone,

I have no big plans for this weekend. I hope to catch up on my reading. Everytime I got into it, the phone rang or someone in my family had a question. They are so helpless w/o me.

I do want the GIANTS to BEAT LA!!!!

Haylen, it is a 100 out here in Vegas. Drive by and pick me up cause I'd love to hit the beach with you.

Oh, Jason, start that project that is in your closet.

Everyone, whatever you decide to do, enjoy yourselves.

angie

dancer86442 replied to saxofone1's response:
Typical Sat. morning. Reward follows tonite! Hubby got me a Ticket to a Billy Joel/Elton John Tribute show. WHOOOOHOOO! What a Treat! My Howman is being Good to me.

Finally recovered from our 3700 mile Victory Motorcycle ride. Sure would have Loved to Stay in Port Townsend w/ Family nearby. And Ocean blocks away. Or Miles if ya prefer the Country. But houses are Historic & expensive to buy. Hubby showed me 1 renovator yesterday. A Bed & Breakfast comes to mind as a Use for this Lovely House. Or a Boarding House. W/ Low Rent for Special People. I would take in the struggling, creative artists/crafts/culinary people. Seems there are a Lot. The Uppity Up's complain about all the 'Hippies'. But, they are Very talented.

Whoops! Ramblin. Again. The rest of my day/weekend will be spent online, mostly. I have joined Another Epilepsy Group on Facebook. It seems I have a Powerful Need to Share what I have Learned. I feel & see the need to 'Be There' for anyone/everyone w/ questions &/or concerns. Just like w/ all of You! This makes me Feel Strong & Useful!! I'm an Epileptic Knowledge/Support Freak. Yes, Angie, I know you don't Like that certain word. But, I don't mind. To each his Own! Agree to disagree? HUGS! Enjoy your game. Everyone else, ENJOY Each Day!

Love Candi

saxofone1 replied to dancer86442's response:
Hi Candi,

Yes, Billy and Elton, that's gonna be a show to remember. Maybe later it will be available on dvd.

Congrats on completing that Victory ride!!!

I'm low-rent and exceedingly special. So talk hubby into that house. Sounds like it would be a great vacation or get-away spot. A home for people with ep or other med conditons. The struggling artists. Let's bring back the 60s and 70s of everyday people. I loved growing up in the Bay Area as a teen and young adult. Such fun years. HIPPIES FOREVER, YEAH!!!

Yes, Candi, the word "epileptic" does bother me. But that is when the population outside of us uses it as a limitation or our identity. Thanks for being thoughful.

You have a lot to share and much more love to give. Continue to spead it on the websites that you discover, with us, and everyone else.

Good day to everyone. Maybe the Giants can even it up 2day with a win against the Dodgers.

Love to all,
angie, sports freak

Hi Angie,

The men & Band that do the Tribute actually came from & perform the Most in Las Vegas. So, chek it out online. As to when their next show will be. Well worth it! The guy who did Billy Joel songs had his 16 yr old son play piano & sing for us at one point. Gonna be a Star in his own rite, someday. I Hope. Had the Talent & Good Looking to boot. He did mention he would post a picture of his son signing autographs & young lady hugging after show, on YouTube. Maybe he put in his pic, too. I will ask Hubby, later, what their names are for easier finding.

Still waiting on a new comp so I can start saving Info again. Gonna be awhile now. Hubby needs Truck Maintenance, Big Time. Being on a borrowed Tower is the Pitts! But, at least I can Log In & respond. And I can always use the Resources/Tips located here on WebMD. Plus, I have Phylis w/ me in several of the FB Groups. That Helps a Lot! Her Page/Forum is Full of articles these people Need to Read! I am so Glad I 'adopted'/ stole her from another site. I love her way w/ words. She truly is a Great Journalist. And to think she gave up her Career to voluntarily Research & write her Epilepsy Articles. She found her True Calling. Same as me. Only Better! I post Links. She writes it so it's understandable & posts the Links where Info was gathered. OK Enough. I'll give her a swollen Ego!

Did your Hopes come true w/ the game? I'm Not a Sports Freak. Only An Epilepsy & Music 'freak'.

Love to All! Candi

Hi Candi,

Sounds like you had a great time!!! However, my team has embarrassed me and themselves to of all teams, the Las Angeles Dodgers. The Giants did not score a run. The two teams are fighting for 1st place in their division. UGH, FRUSTRTATING!!!! But I am faithful to them just like I am to the Raiders.

The bay area and southern California simply have a strong dislike for each other. Like the old west, north vs south.

Moving on, I did catch up on my reading...220 pages on Saturday!!! Wow, what can be accomplished when no one is nagging you every few minutes. "When you get the chance...", " Do you plan to go...?", etc. Family is a wonderful piece of life but boy can they be a bother sometimes.

Phylis is wonderful. Do take a bow Phylis. And you too, Candi.
Webmd and us are blessed to have two wonderful ladies who put their heart into their work. Two ladies who truly care.

Music? I turned to jazz sometime ago. I love the horns. But I will always have a love for the pop and R&B sounds of the 60s-80s. The songs that got everyone to the dance floor. We moved, and talked with each other. No skype, email, twitter, etc. Those "good ole days".

Everyone, have a good day. Enjoy the coming week. May your seizures be few or none at all.

angie

My Friend in UT gave me 2 new books to read. So far, no time to start either. Maybe, Today??? HEHE. If I can fit it in between Replies.

Too bad about your team. Oh well. Maybe next yr will have better results. I read somewhere that Football & other Sports are like Wrestling. All Fake! They make for good watching though. If you are a Fan, it really doesn't matter. Still Good to Watch!

Yep, I'm still w/ the 60'-80's Rock & Roll. Hubby moved Forward to Country & Bluegrass. So, the Majority of the time that's what I get to Hear. I don't mind. I'm Versatile. So, anyway, last nite was a Real Treat!

Thanks for being here w/ me! You & others' are what keep me coming back! Your experiences have helped me Understand & work even harder to Help & Support you & others'!

Love Candi

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to saxofone1's response:
Sorry about the Dodger sweep Angie!

We just got back from the beach - 98 degrees at my house - 70 in Malibu...if I only had a couple of extra million, I would live there....

Congrats on the ride Candi - I hope the concert was awesome!

H

saxofone1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen and Candi, and everyone,

Yeah, the Giants simply had no offense or defense this past weekend. I'm hoping this dry spell is over.

Haylen, I don't recall visiting Malibu when I lived in the Bay Area. I do remember Monterey. If I had a couple of million, I'd love to have a home along the Californis coast. Let's start saving our nickles for a home for people with ep and other medical conditions. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Yes, the start of football season is next month!!! I will be ready. RAIDERS...9ERS...EAGLES...GO...GO...GO...GO!!!

I did finish my book. I have the next one on my shelf and plan to start it some time today. It is the last of the trilology. This one is 818 pages.

Everyone, take care. Enjoy the day.

Oh my gosh, Friendship Day is Sunday, August 5. Remember those who have walked with us. Good day.

angie

dancer86442 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
It Was!

Love to Everyone! I agree Angie! It would be nice to have a Community made up for people w/ EP & or other disabilities. Plus, add in a few Nurses to help us out when needed.

Author of the Trilogy Books?

Love Candi

Hi Candi,

I'm reading the GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTO trilogy by S. Larsson. It is a great mystery/crime drama. Full of surprises. I haven't seen the movie yet.

I didn't get a chance to start book 3 yesterday like I had hoped. Got involved with paper work. Today will be a good day 'cause it's gray and wet... if I can ignore the Olympics.

My girlfriend of 44 years would love to be a part of our Community. She's an occuaptional therapist and counts on me for first-hand info regarding ep and related issues. I think we could count on Dana too.

Right now I'm bouncing to Huey Lewis and the News' BACK IN TIME. Catch you later.

angie

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to saxofone1's response:
Candi, you wrote It would be nice to have a Community made up for people w/ EP & or other disabilities.

This is that community! What can we do to improve the WebMD? Epilepsy Community here? My team is always open to suggestions and feedback so we can enhance and improve your experience here!

Angie, Please have your friend write in to communitymanagement@webmd.net
to express her interest in working in our community

I loved Larsson trilogy! I went and saw the movie by myself one day after work - thought it was pretty true to the book - very violent and dark but I really liked it.

Off to take the kid to swim team practice. I sure hope she gets bit by the swim bug - I'm all ready to be a swim team mom Of course, the Olympics has turned me onto it!

Haylen

BlazingTiger replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen,
is there a community for blindness & Visual Impairment? along with ep it is another of my issues. yes I am legally blind. i feel i may be able to help others with my experience.

Jason

Helpful Tips

?Epilepsy Meetup? ? Support Groups Around the World
If you're looking for a support group — or if you want to start your own support group — "Epilepsy Meetup" is a fantastic site ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center