Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Nominate Your Health Hero - Doctor, Nurse or Patient!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Who's a hero? He or she can be a doctor, nurse or patient who has in some way dealt with a serious health challenge, then given back to others in an inspiring way.

The WebMD Magazine's editors are now collecting nominations for our 2012 winners. Please submit your entry by Friday, August 17. It's easy -- just go to our Health Heroes page (www.webmd.com/healthheroes ) to find the nomination form. Once there, you can also read about past winners -- we choose about four to six each year, and all receive a check to donate to their favorite health foundation or charity. They also appear in both the November/December 2012 issue of WebMD the Magazine and digitially on WebMD.com and the WebMD the Magazine iPad app.

We look forward to reading your nominations!

saxofone1 responded:
Hi Haylen,

Are you or Candi eligible? You know the rules, Members or their family cannot enter...

Anyway, the two of you are heroes!!!! No need for a nomination or election for us to agree on that.

I'll check out the site later today. Right now it's Starbucks Time!!! Have a good one.

angie

dancer86442 replied to saxofone1's response:
Thank You Angie! There are sooo many Heroes out there who deserve the Honor. Hard to say Who. But, my Vote will always be for those who Share & Care!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dancer86442's response:
Awww....not me but you can nominate Candi!!!

What's your drink at Starbucks Angie?

I'm a non-fat latte girl!

BlazingTiger responded:
I would definitly say in my experience there are not many that qualify for this honner. if it was up to me alone. They are not only a hero but an inspiration as well. It also happens to be that person is in our forum. Drum roll please..... That person is CANDI....

Jason

dancer86442 replied to BlazingTiger's response:
Thank You Everybody! I am Honored! So go ahead & nominate me. But, there are Others' who do as much & more. How about the 7 yr old who wrote & Illustrated his own a book? 'My Seizure Dog' He made enough from proceeds to get a dog, Plus, he bought 7 other people Their Service Dogs. Now, that is a HERO in My Book. Kudos to Evan Moss.

Love Candi

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
I would nminate my neuro again.

He is really nice, genuine, cares fopr all is pts, the only one who knows how to operate the VNS maching.

HE has told me he is praoud of me with the VNS.

I have gone from 10-12 a day almost every day to 3-4 a month,

Now it is back up some so he made adjustmensts to it.

If he had not suggested the VNS I would not be here to talk to anyone. He said with out it I would die nad I was already going down hill.

He ha always been my favoirte for some reason. I do not need anything about him in that magazine, just know that he is great. He is my 3rd Neruo and I have had him for over 6 years now.

Alwasy has sonmething nice to say and is VERY professional with what he does.

Comes in the door and shakes your hand and asks how you are doing and then starts thesession.

He spends about 25 minutes with me and has for the alst 6 years, any wuestions you have he answers them to the best of his knowledge.

HE is a general neurologist with a sub-specialty in Epilepsy. VERy good with that.

In the facility there are all kinds of neuro ppl that do various neurologcal things, and he is second from teh top of the list and they do it by order of best. The founder of the facility has always been at the top, but my doc went from being 3rd to second. Which i think is totally cool.

I bring him things from hi. He goes to Maui alot, so I bring him back little things. I gave him a key chain that had palmtrees on it with blue in th e background and he put it on his keys.

He is just too cool..

I have referred ppl over to the facility he is in and when my friends that I had referred over there, I try to get them into him. One got with him the toher 2 got somone else.

On my last visit he read theVNS via the "wand" and then showed me wherer my battery was. IT is barely pulling away from teh etop of it. I have had had one VNS run out shortof 3 years and then replaced in aug of 10. This one will last conserbally longer and he is very proud of that. SOmetimes he will give me higs for my progress or tpo just relieve my stress, Sometimes will even give my mom one too for putting up with me. Just kidding.

He rules my world when it comes to theworkls of EP. I would NOT trade him for the world.

I forgot what else I was going to say about him. But every year you do this stuff. I always tell you about him.

hula_dancer,

IF it wasn;t for him I would be dead....at 33.

Helpful Tips

?Epilepsy Meetup? ? Support Groups Around the World
If you're looking for a support group — or if you want to start your own support group — "Epilepsy Meetup" is a fantastic site ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center