Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
another sz question
hula_dancer73 posted:
hi Candi,

I ahve a question for you or anyone else.

Sometimes my hearing sort of shuts off in my left ear adn then has moderate rining in it then it slowly goes away.

IT would not surprise me if it was another sz type.

hula_dancer

dancer86442 responded:
Nancy,

Please use our *Search This Community* tool. Above Popular discussion. NOT webMD Search at Top! I have a link about this subject. I believe there is medication/treatment for it, too. I don't hear to good out of my left ear, either. Been that way for yrs. And the ringing never goes away. The misfirings in our brain can do soo much. The Brain is responsible for a Lot.

But, I know my Past has a Lot to do w/ the hearing/ringing. Not just seizure activity. Nightly Exposure to Very Loud Music, in the 70's. I talk Real Loud & people have to tell me to "tone it Down" I Know I listen to TV or Music at a Louder Volume than my Loved ones. Oh well. I can Still Hear.

hula_dancer73 responded:
doc said it is another sz tyoe. no name for it but is another partial type of sz.

hula_dancer

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center