Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
As many of you may
BlazingTiger posted:
As many of you may or may not already know i inquired about a group for blind & visually impaired. I am still in the considering starting my own group. I feel I may be a benifit to others with the same problems mefically as myself. For those of you wondering let me clarify 2 things. Yes i am legally blind. If in fact I start this new group does it mean i will be leaving EP Land. The answer is very short & simple. No. I have ep but it doesn't have me or stop me from what I do.Help others.

Jason
FirstPrevious12NextLast

dancer86442 responded:
You Rock, Jason! Sounds like you may be ready to Spread your wings. I know I have. I have my own EP Land on Facebook. But, others' have been on Longer than me & have way More members. But, hey, it ain't the size of a Group. It's the 'shared' gift of Knowledge & Experience. And I have joined the Larger Groups. WHY? Cuz, They want/need Help, too! Newbies & Oldies. We Stay Strong. Knowing we Ain't Alone! HUGS! I am Proud you joined us & Want to Stay.

Let me know & You never Know, I may be able to send some people your way.

Love Candi

saxofone1 responded:
Way to go, Jason!!!!

Whatever route you follow, I wish you the best. Thouth your absense would surely be missed.

I feel like you..."I have ep but it doesn't have me or stop me from what I want to do."

Keep on truckin'!!!

angie

BlazingTiger replied to saxofone1's response:
Thank You both Angie & Candi. As I said previously i wont be leaving this group. I will still be here. when i asked Haylen about this i also did my own research on it.found the eye health but nothing for blind and visually impaired. I thought what this site needs is that group. I cant think of anybody better to lead the group other than me.

Jason

BlazingTiger replied to dancer86442's response:
Although it will not happen untill after my computer is fixed. it would be a pain to do on my phone.

Jason

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to BlazingTiger's response:
There are a few other community members that might be interested in your community once you start it. Please let me know if you need any help once you get started.

I wouldn't recommend doing it on your phone either!

Haylen

BlazingTiger replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you Halen,
I will keep that in mind. I will also let you & Candi know for sure. I am also going to get in touch with my local chapter of blind & visually impaired. There are a lot of people out there that have this problem I am just surprised webmd didn't have this community. well when i am done they will. Even my son said."That is just what is needed here. and I know your just the man to do it." I sat there thought about it. That is when i asked about it. I know he was right but i decided to do this because there is a need for it. Kinda like a calling.

Jason

Your son sounds like a great guy!!!!!

Any parenting tips for the mom of 2 girls ages 4 and 7? ha,ha.

Haylen

dancer86442 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi nHaylen,

Best Tip I know: Get them occupied in extra curricular activities. They may Balk, at First, but, will soon grow to actually like whatever it is. Hugs!

P.S. I may have suggested this B4: Spend a few seconds w/ each of them & tickle their "Good Girls" out. When they start giggling tell them: I hear your 'Good Girl' WhooHoo! & 'Bad Girl' is Leaving. Yippee! This Used to keep my son Happy & Content the rest of the Day!

Love Candi

BlazingTiger replied to dancer86442's response:
Candi definitly is right on that for sure. also found out getting my laptop back in a few days. all fixed. Yay.

Jason

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dancer86442's response:
Thank you Candi!

My mantra has always been "busy kids don't get in trouble!"

Below are my girls - the 7 year old started 2nd grade on Tuesday and the 4 year old starts "Pre-K" next month!

Glad your laptop is returning home! I'm sure it was missed...

BlazingTiger replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yes it was greatly missed. Been without it just a little more than a month now. Haylen you have good looking children. Well behaved too.

Jason

dancer86442 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen, Thank You! I Wish my Girl was that age, (either/or ) Again! I would Love to be able to turn the Clock Back, knowing what I know Now. My Earliest Memory of my daughter is when she was 7. ( She posted her 1st grade pic on FB & I had no recall of Ever, seeing her at that age, the dress or the pic. I do recall, Like your Daughter she was sooo Happy at age 7. I had 4 mths w/ her. Cherish your moments. Love them like there is no tomorrow. They will be all grown up B4 you know it. HUGS! to You & yours! Someday, they will realize what a Special Mom they Have!

Love Candi

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dancer86442's response:
Thanks Candi - I try to keep that in mind as the day-to-day gets crazy, challenging, stressful, etc. I'm going to bookmark this comment and look at it when I have a tough morning!

Jason - photos can be deceiving! The girls had epic melt-downs last night - but I don't take photos of those - ha, ha...

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center