Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
keppra and weight gain
An_247261 posted:
I was put on keppra in Feb. and work out hard 4 days of week. I eat about 1500 calories a day. I can't fit into any of my clothes, decided I needed to add heavy weights to my workouts. Clothes that fit well in Decemeber can't even be buttoned now. Nothing fits, I hate to get dressed. Yesterday I decided it must be the keppra, I also have hypo thyroid, I was tested in Jan and was 1.9 which is good. I want to be tested this week to see if it has changed. I read that keppra changes your metabolism. I am sad because I feel great on it but how I feel about by appearence is horrid. I want to cry. I have nev er been this large in my life. People would look at me and say I look great, but I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center