Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Haylen, Recent Post Gone
dancer86442 posted:
Haylen, I reported a 'New Discussion' Yesterday?? or day B4 that had posted multiple times. I replied to 1 of the posts & noted today they are All gone. The post was, I think: Topic: Keppra & weight gain. Or something similar concerning Keppra. Usually Only the posts Unreplied to are removed. I doubt you can do anything about this. Just concerned for the Lady who posted it. No Recall of the Name/ID

Love Candi

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks Candi! Let me take a look and I'll get back to you.

Haylen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
FOUND IT!

http://forums.webmd.com/3/epilepsy-exchange/forum/2087

I know you'll have some great insight for her Candi - thanks for the heads up.

Haylen

hula_dancer73 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
hi haylen,

I saw my neurologist 2 days ago and got to the bottom of that mess.

He had it turned up too high on the cycling part but I am wondering why it started to get to me after 9 months at that setting.

I was having axial muscle spasms and it had to be turned down a quarter of an amp. from 2.50 back to 2.25 amps. No more spasms.

He left the magnet swipe a full amp up from the cycle. Where it originally was. So htat was left at 2.75. amps. The cycle is running at every 5 minutes for 20 seconds. That is how it has been running at since I got it. I could not handle 30 seconds of stimulation it hurt so more than 3 years ago he had that setting changed.

He showed me the battery life and only a titch of it is gone. My battery is completely full, so maybe we will get past 2-3 years with it this time around. THe first one was implanted on Sept 20th of 07, it wore down and had to be replaced on August 25th of 10. So maybe it will last way longer.

Just thought I would update you on it like you wanted me to.

hula_dancer (Nancy)

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center