Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Coming soon To WebMD .....
BlazingTiger posted:
The Blindness & Visually impaired Community. Got my computer back. I will be setting it up soon.

Jason

saxofone1 responded:
THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!

I wish you much success on this. It's great that you are reaching out to bring others together.

angie

dancer86442 responded:
That is Terrific News Jason. I Know that it will be a great addition to WebMD & to those who share your Multiple Disorders. Good Luck & don't be discouraged if membership is Slow. Remember there are Always Lurkers. Too shy to respond or 'share'.

Love & Hugs! Candi

saxofone1 responded:
Hi Jason,

I would like to share your upcoming site with a girlfriend who has been an occupational therapist since the 80s and also with the Southern Nevada Center for Independent Living(SNCIL).

Please let me know once this site is up. Again, best wishes to you.

angie

BlazingTiger replied to saxofone1's response:
Angie,
I will let you know when it is up & running. That would be wonderful the more the merrier. I will be setting it up very soon. Candi It will be for all types of blindness & visual impairment. Not just related to me but to all. I am also looking for an expert in this field. It will be open to families & friends of the blind & of course blind people & supporters of the blind & all visual impairment. The expert doesn't need to be a doctor though.

Jason

dancer86442 replied to BlazingTiger's response:
WebMD had an interesting article on FB yesterday. Did you know 'visual problems' can, also, affect memory? WOW! Where are my Glasses? Lost them a few mths ago & can't afford new ones at this time. Hubby has no Insurance for 'visual' & retirement pay is too much to Qualify for Assistance. Would be Great if Son & Friend started paying 'rent'.

I Thought I suggested/added you as a friend for Epilepsy Sucks Group. I know 1 gentleman on that Group who is 'Legally blind' too. I eliminated him as a Friend when I noted he was a 'mutual friend' of that 'evil woman' Nannie Scranton. You can find him on the Group, if/when they accept you. OR try contacting him. Teejay Oru. I Figure he just Mite be Interested in your new Group. A First 'new member' to get you started.
HUGS & Have a Great Day!

Love Candi

BlazingTiger replied to dancer86442's response:
Yes you did suggest me for that group. I was approved already. Not on facebook daily like I use to be. The vision & memory problems explain a lot. It is even worse when you add a head trauma into the mix. Sorry to hear about your husband. There has got to be some solution to the problem somewhere. My grandfather use to ask me where his glasses were after a while when he was searching I would ask him did you happen to check the top of your head & there they were.

Jason

Teejay was on there yesterday. Nite terrors/nitemares. Yep, I got head trauma, too. Physical & Mental. But, I 'cope'. I know a 'shrink' would/mite help. But, again I have dealt w/ it for 40 yrs. I can do another 10-20 yrs if that's how Long God Needs me to be here. As for Glasses. They were on my head. I lost them, unknowingly, while getting into the truck to leave the Bar & Grill. No One turned them in. Talk to Teejay!

Love Candi

BlazingTiger replied to dancer86442's response:
I guess you seen my story. Concrete floor & skull do not make a good combo at all. OUCH!!!!

It was a wall for me. My Daughter recalls the man slamming my head against the wall & me sliding to the floor & convulsing. OUCH!

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center