Are they connected?
BlazingTiger posted:
Are ADHD & EP somehow connected. I thought I saw something & was wondering if there was some sort of link. i have ADD. The adult version. I also have EP. There are 2 reasons why I ask. I have both & my son has ADHD. No EP thankfully....

Jason

dancer86442 responded:
Yes, Jason, They can be co-morbid. You can have 1or both. There are several 'health/neurological issues' that can be linked w/ EP. But, it doesn't Always mean You or your loved ones Will have both. Understand? Hoping your Son Never develops EP. Here's Hoping & Praying that my son doesn't either.

Love Candi

hula_dancer73 responded:
hi tiger.

YEs they can run together. My daughterhas them too.

60% of femals also have BiPolar as well, don'tshoot me, but I read that in a m we md magamzine in one of former meuros office. the current one does not carry that in tht his office ,he gets somthing called MD News. IT has everything to do whith the neurlogiy in tht place.

My VNS surgeon has MD news that pertains to his office only.

My Orthopedic doc gets tehsame ones but for his ofice adn they are free,

however MD is NOT free.

I get a quartly magazine called Epilepsy Advocate.

I gotthem thru the Keppra comunity even though I do not take it. They had several AEDs listed and i hit other.

BUt now they have some good reading to do. I just got antoehr one last week, so I will be giving them a whole 2 years of them.

THis person's husband in deny he has epilepsy.

But he does. My mom was there to see his first one, and it was NOT pretty. He just about pulle hte fridge door off fell bacward adn hit his on the stove.

sz number 1. Then I caught him shaking like was shivvering really bad, and that after I had a simple partial and thta thru him into a sz. Sz #2. They had him checked they toher day and he bleed number 6 in his brain. HE was in a horrid bycycle accident 2 years. His wheel touched the wheel of another b iker in his biking group and it calsed him to fly foward going 35 miles an hr and into the street.

HE almost died. Now he all kinds of troubles. like blind in his eye, can not reember alot, but than better in the 2 years that I have known them. can't/doesn't know how to make a sand which. I bought them a book called How to live with Epilepsy and other sz Disorders. That way his wife can learn from it and she has nad then she re read it adn told me how scary it was. I still teacher about it. She is the friend I have in HI.
sorry TIger that his was so long, but it was just trying to give examples of what can go parrell to EP.

Nancy

sorry about the mispeliongs I had a sz at 4 am this morning HI time.

BlazingTiger replied to dancer86442's response:
Candi,
I was afraid that might be the case. I just hope it never happens.

Jason

BlazingTiger replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Nancy,
Don't worry I am not going to shoot the messenger. I should have known bi-polar was linked to. My ex gf has bi-polar. I just never thought about it. No worrys about the length of it. I see some things that absolutely made me cringe. Such as hitting the street at 35 mph. Although I don't take keppra any more I use to. I shared that experience in another post some time ago. I have 2 occurances of being diagnosed with EP. First when I was a teen. ( my mom had a seizure when I was born during the delivery). I am very sorry he had to relearn how to do the most basic thing. I know how it can be from a head trauma. I had one on a concrete floor. was completely blind for about 72 hours or so. Adjusting is so difficult at first its unreal. I hope you are doing better today Nancy.

Jason