Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Tigers Roar (rant)
BlazingTiger posted:
Have you ever got the feeling you were being ignored? Well that is exactly how I am feeling right now. I ask 1 thing & almost a week now no answer. So I will have to do this another way or forget about completely. To say that I am upset is understating it big time.

Jason

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Jason,

OK, what did you Ask? Whatever, yes, I have been ignored. There are Worse things in Life though! You Know that. Steam/Vent/Rant a Day or 2 more. I'm Listening. &/Or call & Ask Everyday, till ya get an answer! Course if you Have to do it another way (whatever That is) at least you Know there is an Option. Who Knows? Maybe Another Way Is a Better Way. Or maybe Not. Won't know till you gotta Try, Try again.Depending on How Important the Answer needs Answering. Again, Where there is a Will, there is a Way. Stay Strong! You Are Stronger then Most!

BTW: Probably not related. I was being ignored last nite. By everyone: family, friends, even the ppl at the Bar & Grill & I got No Answers or Viable Solutions to my 'Rant' Yesterday to Hubby. So all I can do is Hope for a Better day, soon. I hope you have a Better Day today, too.

Love Candi

saxofone1 responded:
Hi Jason,

Yes, I have been ignored many times. We all have. I think that the times my concerns were ignored was because my family was more focused on their personal concerns. So I said "Alright. I'll deal with it by myself." And I did.

Are you speaking of an unanswered post or something else? If this is in regards to a recent post, I choose not to reply to some because I had nothing additional to add to what has already been posted or becuase I had no positive thoughts to share at the time I read it.

If this is a concern outside of this site, I do hope you get your answers soon. As Candi says, BE PERSISTENT IN YOUR SEARCH.

I know that it is frustrating when you cont to seek answers and cont to be "put on hold." One does feel stuck or unproductive.

I do hope you find whatever info that you are seeking soon.

angie

BlazingTiger responded:
I have said what I had to say. Now I will lay here in the grass like a good Tiger & keep my mouth shut.

Jason

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Tiger!

Just wanted to give you a (((hug))) and let you know that ranting/venting is absolutely welcome here.

Also, if your question was in this community or to another WebMD department, please do let me know.

Because of technology these days, I feel like there are a variety of ways to be ignored and it doesn't make it any easier. Now we can not only be ignored in person but via an unreturned phone call, text, email, Facebook post or tweet. I can't imagine trying to explain this all to my grandma who grew up on a farm and never had a mobile phone

Haylen

PS My 4 year old just ran into my office and is FASCINATED by your profile photo - she loves the big cats! I had to explain that I wasn't actually communicating with a Tiger - ha, ha.

BlazingTiger replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Got a few of them she probably would like. It might be time for a different photo anyway. Gotta love those kids. Yes Explaining that to someone who hasn't used technology can be quite a challenge. This past week has been quite a challenge for me. Been quite edgy Knowing my son goes back to his mom for the school year. A lot of resentment in his feelings toward his mom. I had him the whole summer & knew it was coming but wasn't as prepared as i thought i was. Yes my question was on the community I planned to start. I got upset instead of posting it again. Will make a post separate from this.

Jason

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to BlazingTiger's response:
Awwwwww, Jason!

This must be a very difficult time for you. I'm not sure there is a way to prepare for what you are facing

Is he close enough for weekend visits? If not, do you skype or keep in touch via phone, email, etc? I'm asking because my best friends husband is about to be deployed for 3 months. He has an 11 and 13 year old.

Haylen

BlazingTiger replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen,
First I would like to say about your best friends husband is. Thank You for your service to this country & fighting to keep us free. I know they will miss him very much & welcome him home with open arms. Separation of a loved one can be hard on a family. Yes I do get to see him on weekends. We also communicate through text, email, facebook & phone. It was just very hard after seeing him everyday for a few months & now only weekends. But there is more to this than i am willing to say at the moment. Maybe in a separate post.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to BlazingTiger's response:
I will tell him a "BlazingTiger" said "Thank You"

I know he appreciates when his service is appreciated!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend Jason - (((hugs))) to you -

Haylen

dancer86442 replied to BlazingTiger's response:
Jason, Feel Free to discuss whatever/whenever Anything is upsetting you. It Helps! as you well know ! This is a Support Group! Remember??? Even if it don't involve Epilepsy, I'll be Listening. I can relate to how you feel Now. It truly is Hard to let our kids Go, even knowing we will see them soon. Back when my Daughter lived w/ her Dad, I was unable to see her. They lived to far away. I could not even speak to her as I had no Phone. It was tough! Especially after we finally re-connected 5yrs later & I saw w/ my own eyes what her 'evil' step-mom had created. I should have Never given her away or given her the Choice as to who she would live with. But, the past cannot be undone. I can only Continue to Love Her. No Matter who/what she has Become. I Know my Darling Girl still exists. I know she is Stronger than Most. Her Lifestyle is her own, even if I disagree w/ it. I Know it would not be the same, IF I had Kept her w/ me or had been able to see her on a more frequent basis.

Your son & you are fortunate. You will Both get thru the YR & Summer will be upon you again. Look Forward to That!

Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 43 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center