Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Pressure on the brain after surgery
An_247797 posted:
Had temporal lobe surgery over 7 years ago and it stopped my epileptic seizures but even after all this time I sometimes feel a huge ppressure in that area of my head and wonder why.

hula_dancer73 responded:
CT scans and MRIs can reveal what is going on.

hula_dancer

clarinet2 responded:
I had the same question three years ago due to the pressure and sensitive area on the temporal lobe. It was 8 years since the surgery and I asked the doctor if this was common.

It has been over 11 years since my right temporal lobectomy and I still have a sensitive bruise type feeling on that side. The doctor said that this can happen because where the brain and skull healed back this may have affected some of the nerves in that area.

I also found out that I have a mild allergies and when the barametric pressure changes I get alot of pressue on both sides of the sinus areas.

If it becomes too uncomfortable discuss this with your doctor to find out what your options will be.

saxofone1 responded:
I had a partial rt lobectomy in '02. Yes, I often feel pressure or tenderness in that area.

It is a steady tenderness that is more apparent when the winds are strong and cold. Yes, there are cold winds in Vegas.

I have adjusted to it. Since this annoyance isn't severe or causing me great discomfort, I simply deal with it.

Ms Clarinet, thanks for that bit of info about the nerves/skull. I suspected that at one time but didn't feel it necessary to question.

To the original person who posted this, I hope these responses have been helpful in easing your concerns. Do keep on top of it if the pain/discomfort gets high on the pain chart.

angie

angie

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center