Heart attack caused by seizures
An_248032 posted:
I was wondering if someone knows of the relationship between having a seizure and possible subsequent heart attack. I am 62 with mild hypertension for which I take lotrell and a little high cholesterol and about 25 lbs. overweight from stopping exercising(seizures i have had over past 15 years had correlates of either exercising or more than two nights with lack of sleep. I am back walking and have lost about 5 lbs.

After an EEG a heart doctor and then another one a year later both told me that the exam showed that I had a mild heart attack in past.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a clear relationship between seizures and heart attacks?

Thanks, Tim

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Tim,

Please, Use our 'Search this Community' tool. Heart attack & epilepsy. You will find a previous members Story. Maybe More.

Yes, I do believe there is a relationship. After all, your heart & other organs are 'commanded' by the brain, so maybe, are affected by seizures. Of course your other issues played a Part, too. It all adds up to take a toll on our system as we age.

Congrats on losing the 5 lbs. Keep it up! It can/will Help! Hope this Helped. More questions? Or just want the Support we Offer. Please keep us Posted. HUGS!

Love Candi

tjth64 replied to dancer86442's response:
thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated.

tjth64 replied to dancer86442's response:
Thanks. Appreciate your thoughts.
Tim

dancer86442 replied to tjth64's response:
Hi Tim,

How are you doing today? I Appreciate that you Responded. I hope you are Still taking care. Know I care! HUGS!

Love Candi