Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Community Check In!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hello everyone! I've been away for a few days - see photo of my bandaged finger below. I got some crazy nail bed infection and ended up in the emergency room at 4 in the morning! I'm healing now and back to typing 1,000 words per minute.

Let's check in!

Your location/current weather: Raining! The first rain in ages. I

Plans for the weekend
? Kids activities - swimming and brownies and parties. I'm trying to take 10,000 steps a day using a pedometer so I'm going to try and get the family to take a hike with me.

Most favorite dessert Pumpkin anything! Pie & ice cream - yum! Trader Joes has pumpkin breakfast bars that are great. The local Yogurtland just debuted pumpkin frozen yogurt. I could eat 10 pounds

Who is next?

Haylen

FirstPrevious12NextLast

dancer86442 responded:
I guess I'm First. I see your finger. OUCH! 1000 words per minute? Gotta be tough w/ your Main Finger out of commission. I'm fortunate to get 50 words per minute. Course I never time myself. And I always gotta pause to be sure what I said is spelled or said correct. 20 yrs & I still gotta see the Keyboard.

We got Rain today, too. Big Time. Steady downpour From about 6am till 12. My front yard looked like a Pond. Went shopping w/ Hubby about 11 & got back around 2 & it was Dry. Yep, the ground absorbed it that quick. And No Mud. Whew! Cuz, my dog, Richard, Loves Mud.

Plans for the weekend: Keeping up w/ my EP Groups. Hubby & son are working, so that puts a damper on any Plans. But, Brownies sounds like a Good Idea. Try adding some to your Pumpkin Ice Cream. Our Circle K is now selling Pumpkin Cappuccino. YUMMY!

Most fav dessert: Blackberry Cobbler! Usual dessert: Ice Cream! I Love to mix diff flavors.

Hope your finger Heals Fast. HUGS! Kisses for the finger.

Love Candi

saxofone1 responded:
Hey Haylen, that looks like a BIG OUCH!!!

Vegas had a big rain storm yesterday, and thunder during the night. That was great!!!

Plans for the weekend? What do you think? It's football season again. And the MLB playoffs. SF did the unthinkable when they came back to win after being down 2 games in a best of 5. But unfortunately, Oak fell apart. My friends and I were thinking of another Oak vs SF world series(minus the earthquake of '89.)

I also plan to cont to enjoy my new place. I recently moved to Henderson w/o my family!!! I think Kool and the Gang said "CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!!!!"

Take care of that hand. No high fives for a while.

angie

Favorite dessert, that's a tough one. I try to limit my sweets but you know I'm addicted to Fraps. OMG, Halloween is near so there is candy everywhere and I have a basket full of junk.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dancer86442's response:
Candi - well, maybe I was exaggerating a little about my typing speed...but I can tear up the keyboard!

I am left handed and went to a private grade school where they tried to make me right handed!! Can you imagine? My parents stepped in and said NO...she is left-handed. But I always had negative experiences being a lefty - the desks and scissors were all for righties. My handwriting is bad and I don't like to use a pen or pencil or crayon or marker. Give me a keyboard and I'm free!!!!

Blackberry cobbler - slightly warm with ice cream...my mouth is watering!

Angie - where is my hockey season!?!? I am green with envy that you get to enjoy your favorite sports

And LOL re: brownies. It's not the dessert, it's my daughters Browine group - they have a camp out. I am sort of regretting getting into this whole Girl Scout thing..expensive and time consuming.

I might be hitting you guys up to buy Girl Scout cookies soon - ha, ha.

saxofone1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen,

I cancelled an earlier post to check out the NHL. There is a lockout. According to yahoo sports, the lockout is now 4 weeks old!!! No wonder there is no news about the next psossible Stan Cup recepient. Hang in there.

I wish you guys were in the Vegas area tomorrow. Saturday is Disability Awareness Day here in the Valley. Representatives from over 60 organizations who service individuals with disabilities will be there. Unfortunately there will not be a booth for ep. There is no ep foundation here in NV. We tried to get my support group a booth but we signed up too late. Maybe next year. Some of the sponsors are Walmart, United Way, and the Southern Neveda Center For Indepent Living(the group who helped me find my apt).

I must confess that when I was younger, my favorite treat was a german chocolate cake with the coconut frosting. Betty Crocker and I made a good team.

Hang in there, Haylen. I was going bezerk because of the bad calls the temp refs were making while the NFL refs were on strike. Use the free time to complete or start that project that's sitting in the corner.

angie

BlazingTiger responded:
Wow 1000 wpm. I am lucky if I can do 15 wpm & thats looking at the keyboard yet too.

Current Location/ Allentown, Pennsylvania
Current Weather/ Clear stary night & cold going to 25 degrees tonight.... BRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Spending my weekend with my son. Yeah the usual video game over kill.... lol

Favorite desert pretty much all of them lol I know you want me to pick something. Brownies are good. but my all time fav is a banana split. I can imagine that finger was painful when you first went to the ER.

Jason

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to saxofone1's response:
Angie -

Ouch Raiders! Husband taught the girls a few new words when that last play went down.....

I should figure out the time we would be watching hockey and do something constructive. However, "constructive" around here usually involves cleaning

Tiger - Give me some of that cold weather! 91 here today and I am over it. I have not had a banana split in years! That sounds delish - especially in light of the heat. Hope you had a great weekend with your kiddo - what's your fave game to play together? (my kids are crazy for Mario Brothers)

dancer86442 responded:
WHOOOHOOO Haylen Thank You SOOO Much. This Morning, I almost cried tears of Joy when I noted WebMD posted 2 articles about Epilepsy. One concerned 11EP meds responsible for Depression. BTW: Newest Research shows Depression is also a Side Effect of Epilepsy & not always due to meds. Course I could have Told them taht! Personal Experience of my Sister! The second post concerned Journals. They Shared Amy's story & my Reply. Amy, if you read this, I Do Hope you don't mind that your thread/Topic was used.

HUGS Haylen! ENJOY! Love Candi

Hi Candi!

I can't take the credit - my boss just pinged me and gave me the heads up. I have tears of joy too

I'll keep a closer eye on the page and give you a heads up next time we are featured.

I "stuck" a discussion to the top of the community so the other members can check it out.

((HUGS)) back at you -

Haylen

BlazingTiger replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Almost 70 degrees difference would be a major shock to anybodys system. how about 50's instead. I play mario bros. on rare occasions. My son & I are more into the WWE Wrestling video game. Kick butt. I am taking it they were not very nice words either. I had a banana split earlier in the day. was craving it. even in cold weather. How is you finger doing?

Jason

saxofone1 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen,

I don't know what to say about my Raiders. Things go well and then suddenly fall apart. Sounds like some of my years when my seizures were a big concern. Anyway, some people are a saying the new coach is too young. I say give the guy a chance. He stepped in to some big shoes. But you know, I will never leave their side. They've given me too many good years. I'm not talking 'bout the 20 million dollar pretty boy contracts.

Don't be too hard on the young lady. Football does that to many of us. Wow, what I say to the players and refs. Sailor mouth!!!!

Disability Awareness Day was great. I do hope my ep group gets a table for next year.

Still seizure free!!!

angie

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to BlazingTiger's response:
Jason - Finger still looks gross! Went in for check up and doc agreed that it's not healing as fast as he would like. Now taking cipro and got a tetanus shot. But, clearly, I can still type

Still have not had my banana split fix! Celebrating a friends 50th this weekend - maybe a stop at the ice cream shop is in order.

Angie - yeah for seizure free!!!!! Hope you guys get a table next year too. RE: Raiders - My husband says give the new guy a chance too but he's now concentrating on his "fantasy" football team since he's lost the love for this season

dancer86442 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I guess we have a 'lurker' we didn't know about. Hello Boss!

Lots of Hugs Haylen.

Angie & Jason, Get your Fav teams Involved in Epilepsy Support. Look at All the Pink worn this Month. It could be Purple Next month or Next Yr! If they can get enough people to Show them that is what WE Want! Hugs!

Love Candi

BlazingTiger replied to dancer86442's response:
I will email the Pittsburgh Steelers. On DS I am also an admin for the football lovers group. I will also put a post there to.

Jason

Helpful Tips

?Epilepsy Meetup? ? Support Groups Around the World
If you're looking for a support group — or if you want to start your own support group — "Epilepsy Meetup" is a fantastic site ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center