Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Unanswered/ Unasked Questions ?
An_248404 posted:
Hi, doesn't it occur to anyone to ask how, if something that can't be seen, diagnosed, verified, measured or even attempted to show the slighest bit of conclusive evidential medical fact; can or could be qualified to determine any kind of treatment?
Especially when there is still no evidence that any of these so called treatments have any effect at all.
But do in fact only demonstrate (measurably.... ) that they do in fact have innumerous harmful and permanent irreversable "effects".

Shut me up somebody please.

With intelligent scientific answers.

You wouldn't put Warfarin in your leach farm would ya?

Troubled by Pharms

dancer86442 responded:
I Ain't gonna shut you up! Why? Cuz there is no Intelligent Scientific facts to back the Big Pharma Up! The medications work for Some & doesn't for others'. Diets & Cannabis was used B4 Drugs & Proved to Work for some. Then, Pharma stepped in.

My meds were the First Produced. 100 Yrs Later & they are Still Researching it & finding New Side Effects. Who Knows What this New Generation of Meds will do? But, ya know what? I don't have Seizures! And the Side effects? Well, there was only 1. Now, 20 yrs later there are 3. Naps, Low Blood pressure (occasionally) & Borderline Osteoporosis (that didn't occur until after I started an Inhaler for COPD (irreversible Lung Disorder, yet could be an added side effect of my med. ) Every Treatment out there is Trial & Error. Be it Pharma or Alternative.

Feel Free to Vent Anytime!

Love Candi

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

How Music Soothes Your Seizures
Another Interesting article from Phylis. Just clik on the Highlighted Words. You Do Not have to Joint the Site to read Any of her articles. ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center