Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
I Did It! Made the News!
dancer86442 posted:
Read this Today. It may be in archives, soon. If so, Search 'Epilepsy Awareness' on the Mohave Daily News site. I am Still 'floating on Cloud 9' I wasn't expecting a 3 column Feature Story. It was located on page 3 of our Local Paper. I had written a Letter to the Editor to try to get an article announcing November as Epilepsy Awareness Month. She contacted me several times. I added her to a FB Epilepsy Support Group I was on. Then she called & interviewed me over the Phone. After our conversation, I realized a lot of what I had said was jumbled & Mixed Info. So, I Wrote my Journey on the Group Page. She printed it up & took it from there. Some of what she wrote about my Journey is Not Accurate. I don't mind. The point was to Inform My Town about November & it is an accomplishment I am Very Proud of! I Know all of you will be, too. Haylen, I would like to see this as a Sticky Post for at least the next week. 14 days & it Will be Archived. Love & Hugs. And Yes, I Am Jeanne Phelps AKA Candi!

http://www.mohavedailynews.com/articles/2012/11/14/news/local/doc50a34d588f414214481999.txt

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
FABULOUS!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Haylen

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
And thank you for the WebMD shout out! We are SO fortunate to have you here Candi - or Jeanne - or whatever you want to be called

H

dancer86442 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Good Morning Haylen, It's Candi! Has been since I was 18. I use Jeanne on FB & since this was to be a Featured Article/Story, I figured I better use my 'given' name, too.

Did ya think I would Neglect to mention my Home?? I have Learned sooo much, thanks to this Site. I Always tell people where I get my Info & give & get Support! I know appreciate the fact that Cat Included that in the Article!

The fact that you took time to read the article & Your Comment about this Means a Lot to me. I have been Congratulated by a Lot of FB Friends & Groups. But, Haylen, Your Input is Special & Always will be! HUGS! For You & your Kids! I may not say it Often, but, I Will say it Again: Know I Love You! Hmmm? Did you write Your Editor? It would/could be a way to get WebMD Noted Again. Only a short time left of November. But, better Late, than Never.

Love Candi

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dancer86442's response:
Awwwwww.....thank you Candi! You are such a great source of support and information - I know you've touched many, many lives.

And remember, these forums have tons of "lurkers" - folks that read but never log in to comment or respond. So your reach is larger than you probably imagine!

Whenever "super users" in our Community are mentioned, your name is at the top of my list I didn't realize you and Jeanne were one in the same!

Good idea about contacting the editor - would be great to have a hot link to your home.

Haylen

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center