Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
dizzy spells
hula_dancer73 posted:
Isaw my neuro on the 15th and now I am back in HI. I asked him about that and he saiad it was a sz just a different kind and then proceeded totell me that thee are over 30 kinds of different szs.

I am spossed tp swipe myself with my magnet and wair then do it again and wait for another 30 sdcondes nand if it did not helpe than let the sz run its course.

That does worrk beuae I had one about 2 months ago and it was nasty.

Now when that happenes he wants me to wear my stupid helmet.

Now I will look like the dumbest person in the Waikiki area when that happenes.

Nancy

CAN NOT write tonight UHGG!!

Friodiay I lost a whole day for some reason. NO sz but lost a whole day! MEssed me up big time.

dancer86442 responded:
Nancy, There are actually Over 40 Seizure Types & thousands of Symptoms. Some just 'unique' to us, others' more common.

I'm Glad to hear the VNS Helps. As for your Helmet, Who Cares what others' think! Those with Epilepsy Don't! Children & Adults post their pics on Facebook with Helmets on! Tell People you are on your way to Football/Baseball Tryouts or going Skate Boarding or Rollerblading. Not True, but, they don't know That.

Losing Time IS a Seizure! It is Known/ called a Silent Seizure! Because it is Undetectable. Except to us! Cuz, we are the one's who Realize we Lost Time!

Love Candi Wear a Purple Helmet & tell People you Support Epilepsy Awareness! November is Epilepsy Awareness Month! You get to Show your Support! Every Day & Every Month!

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
Candi,

you said in anoter post that if my szs get under control I could get rid rid of the VNS.

I hatee to tell you it is a permant thing. THe only time it comes oout is to replace a dead one.

when I feel one coming on all I do is swipe my self with the ma gnet. which I had to do yeatersdat.

I ook an Imirex last night. it has givin me a really nasty feeling every time I took it; I fionally looked it up and it can cause szs. so now what becahse it really helpps the migrians.

nancy

dancer86442 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Nancy, It is a Rare Side effect. And you Know not all side effects Affect Everyone. They are, Just Warnings, so we are Aware of What to Watch for. Eat Properly/nutritiously & those side effects are less likely to Happen! Keep Up w/ Your Journal, as this IS a new med you are trying for your Migraines. Migraines Are co-morbid w/ Epilepsy, so Yes, it's Important to Note when you have them & Everything Else!

As for VNS Removal, Strange. Cuz, someone mentioned having Theirs Removed when seizures Were Finally Controlled. Drs can, if I remember correctly, remove the Piece in your chest, but, am not sure if a New technique has evolved to remove the Wire wrapped around your Vagus Nerve. Guess I should Have Asked.

I realize you have not found a med that Controls yours, Yet! But, New Meds, are being Used. Unfortunately, the FDA has not approved some of them yet. So, they are being Used &/or Bought from the UK. A New Drug that FDA approved in October: Perampanel for refractory (uncontrolled)partial onset seizures.

Love Candi

hula_dancer73 responded:
I had a noher dizzy sz 2 days ago.

this tine I sat down before I fell down. I lost time due to that again.

THought is was over got up to use the "room" and walked face first into the wall.

there is new med coming out and when it does he wants me to use ir and take away one of my other meds.

so I will be back on the med merry-go-round again.

trying to find a 3rd drug for me. He wants me on 3 drugs not less not more.

heis leaving the VNS setting alone becayse that is working for me.

Nancy

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 43 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center