Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
OT: tired all the time.
hula_dancer73 posted:
IS it possible that our AEDs slow us down?

it is imposible for me to think fast adn and caorrectly.

My husband will ask me to do something and i either forget or can not do it very fast.

I feel as if everything has slowed me down alot.

Can they do that?

Slow the brain down, so you slow down.

I can not think fast either and have to think in a differently. My thought process is very slow. I have to ask people to repeat what they said or ask them to keep it simple s t upid so I can understand what the yare saying.

My TMJ doc says things so fast I can nit understand him and get all confused.

he asks about my meds and things like that I wtie it down for my sake and his sake and he still goes on confusing me.

My neurologist says htinkgs the right way adn I can understand mim extremly well.

But I am in PHX for now becuase on the 4th of enxt month I have to be dicussing surgery for my right ankle. PT failed so that is what is left.

NAncy

dancer86442 responded:
Yes! Meds have that affect! Plus, my ability to understand some people & not others. Talking Fast goes over my Head. I hate it when that happens when I am watching a Show I like. Can't rewind to be sure I heard them Rite!

Love Candi

Good Luck w/ the Surgery.

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center