Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
OT: ankle
hula_dancer73 posted:
I am going to stay gone until the 4th which is next Tuesday. THen I will update you on what they said about redoing it.

There is no point in sticing around currently.

I will be back on the 4th.

NAncy

hula_dancer73 responded:
hi all.

Igo to my orthopedic surgeon/doc tomorrow. I am on the mainland at my mmom's home.

We (the doc) and me are going to dicuss the surgery, hopefully schedule and go from there.

If they do it will be a complete reconsruction of my right ankle.

So far this doc has scoped my right knee 2 times, reconstruced my left ankle once and will do that to the right one.

will keep you posted. I will ;et you know tomorrow when i find out about it.

thanks,

Nancy (hula_dancer)

hula_dancer73 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Today on the mainland I saw my orthopedis doc/surgeon and founf out I have to have reconstructive surgery on my right ankle.

He will be shorening all teh loose ligaments and tightiening them and them gl;uing them back to the bones. He will also scrape out the artheritis from ALL my ankle bones.

No date yet, but sometime by nest friday.

Will keepu you updated.

NAncy

dancer86442 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Hugs, Nancy. Glad to hear your Doc is doing rite by you. Take care.

Love Candi

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
hi Candi,

THe date of my surgery is on Dec 27th no time yet, that will be determanded by the hospital when they get teh info and then 1-2 days before the syrgery I will have a time.

Watch it be at 7 30 am MST. Then I have to get up at 4 am to be at the hosopital at 5 30 am MST.

IT is clear out in Sun CIty West.

IT takes about 30 minutes to get there.

And the also the 4 am stuff is due to me becuase I do NOT move great in the morning.

She will probably have to wake me up at least 2 times.

I am nervous even now as it is only a little over 2 weeks.

THinking about what he is going to do to my ankle and foot is un nervin., I have been thru this b4 with him 2 times on the other ankle. and is was also done by a doc in Louisana when I lived there in JR.high,

so 3 times on the same ankle and foot.

This will be the first time on the other ankle and foot. Most of it is due to some ot the drop attacks and T/Cs when I did have them I would get stuck in weird places and hurt on the drops.

better get going somone is bugging me for popcorn.

talk later.

I just wanted to let you knwo I said I would up date and I am.

Nancy

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center