Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
December 2012 looks.....
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
I just can't believe I'm looking at the December calendar!

How does your month look? Mine is busy and fun and stressful....

Busy: Work and kid-related activities are in high gear

Stressful: Property taxes are due, I'm having lots of shoulder pain so getting a 2nd opinion re: surgery next week

Fun: Getting a tree and decorating this weekend, my husband's office has a fancy-schmancy party we're going to and both kids have super cute holiday show performances

Who is next?

H

dancer86442 responded:
No Stress! I leave it all in Hubby's good hands. He surprised me. During my Nap, he got down an old tree (white) & set it up on the porch. Decorated w/ Purple Garland, Purple snowflakes & Purple Lights. AWESOME! We have a miniature tree for indoors.

Sounds like your plate is full. But, I do Hope you & your family have a Great Holiday. Merry Christmas.

Love Candi

hula_dancer73 responded:
not much gpoing on.things like putting up the tree abd all that good stuff.

I will not be able to help this year because I just found out htat I have to have reconstructvie surgery on my right ankle.

out of the boot into a cast and on crutches.

nice.

Nancy (hula)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dancer86442's response:
What a great hubby! Would love to see a pic of that purple tree!

I'm starting to get into the Christmas spirit a little bit more. Went to a fancy-schmancy cocktail party for my husband's office last night and we drove along Sunset Boulevard. Gigantic mansions were all decked out with lights and decorations and trees - it was like Disneyland! We're going to take the girls for a drive-by this weekend.

H

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Oh Nancy, I'm so sorry

I hope the surgery and recovery is as swift and pain-free as possible! (((hugs))) and I wish I could bring you a big cup of hot coco right now with whipped cream. Do people in a tropical paradise drink hot coco I wonder?

Haylen

saxofone1 responded:
Hi Haylen,

December looks great for me. Christmas cards went out shortly after the Thanksgiving weekend.

I am planning a quiet Christmas enjoying my new place. Maybe some of us here might get together for a potluck dinner. Who knows.

Vegas is simply beautiful this time of year. It seems that THE STRIP'S lights shine even brighter.

Whatever I decide to do, you know football will be a part of my day.

The support group will be meeting at the doc's office this year for a group party.

Candi, Mylene is planning to join us.

angie

hula_dancer73 responded:
know this is past due,

My december calendar was a mess starting in the middle of the month.

Becuase of the ankle surgery, I was ge tting non-stop calls, from b oth the hospital and the CORE institute.(the orthopedic facility I go to back on the mainland). they rescuduled my surgery THREE times in 2 days. IT was scheduled to go on teh 27th, that still happened but they changed the time on me several times.

The ankle is still in pain still eating pain pills, on crutches, in some kind of wrap job wtih some kind of padding under the coban tightly wrappped on top of it.

Then threre was christmas Eve. home for the holidays and surgery. I am in the hand bell choir at my church in both places. I read music quite well and can come home and pick them up and jus start wit them.

I had to play this year in PHX. THe choir director grabbed me at teh last minute becuase the bass bell player bailed. So I had to play.

Back in HI I am also in the bell choir that they have had for over 10 years, and i play the bass bells in that one as well. The one at my old church has only been around for 4 years.

that was the middle of dec on.

Nancy

dancer86442 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Haylen Where are you? Do we have a New Moderator???? Love ya Lots & hope someone is watching Over Us! HUGS Love Candi

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
yea where is Haylen? haven't heard from you in a whille.

Nancy
I live on O'ahu in the Waikiki district of downtown Honolulu.

hootyowl2 responded:
December was okay I guess. I didnt do much, was not in the mood. I refused to cook Christmas dinner because I did the whole 9 yards myself for Thanksgiving, and not a shred of help. DS took us out for dinner, so that was nice. DIL refuses/cant cook and threatened to burn the dinner if she had to cook... I could have eaten a PBJ if need be.

Anyhoo, eating out was fine.

Hooty

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center