Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
GONE TOO SOON
saxofone1 posted:
Hi everyone,

I know this is an epiliepsy support line, but for a minute can we put aside our seizues.

Please give a moment of silence to that small community in CT. Right now, our support and prayers are needed to help get this community get through so a tragic event...AN UNNECESSARY EVENT!!!

As someone who has worked with kids since the 80s, this is simply unbelievable and painful. A school I worked at in Mpls lost a student in a similiar way due to mistaken identity.

I feel anyone who harms kids is a coward, a very selfish person who is afraid to face his/her problems so they choose to take out their anger on those least harmful.

If any of you live in this community, my prayers and support are with all of you.

Hug a friend today. Thanks for your support.

angie

Has anyone heard if this shooter's mom worked(volunteer, office, aide,etc) at that school?

gregbrighte_75 responded:
I'm not from the US, but our prayers go out to the victims' families and loved-ones. I'm not good with putting the shock and grief into words, so I'll leave it at that.

God bless all affected.

dancer86442 responded:
All the News is focused on the Shooters. I have to agree w/ a post I read this morning. By focusing More on the Shooters, The Media makes these Bad People into 'Famous' people , which just leads others' w/ violent inclinations say, "Well, I can Do that or Better" Can You recall any of the Victims of Combine or other School Shootings? Probably Not! But, we Know who the Gunmen were.

I don't watch the News & this is one of the Reasons Why! Of course you know FB members are All talking about it & sending prayers to victims & families. I only saw 1 'Good' piece of News about this. A Teacher got all her kids Hidden & they were Safe. She, I guess, had no where to hide & was Shot. So, maybe not such Great News. But, she is the Hero the Media Should be talking about!

My Prayers & condolences for All affected by this Tragedy. Hug a Friend! Hug a Child!

Thank You Greg for your prayers.

Love Candi

saxofone1 replied to dancer86442's response:
Hi Candi,

If my post focused too much on the shooters, I apologize to the victims and you. Thank you for clarifying what I was attempting to say in the initial post.

Yes, the victims are always put in the background and soon forgotten. Unfair and disrespectful to them and the familes/friends.

No, I can't remember the names of the victims of such previous tragedies. Only that it happened.

I agree with you that the teacher who protected her classroom should be more recognized in the media. She has earned the TEACHER OF THE YEAR award. I feel I would have done the same.

Prayers and Hugs to everyone,
angie

dancer86442 replied to saxofone1's response:
Angie,

I wasn't trying to negate what you had said. OK? There is More 'Horror' involved. Seems the Westbrook Baptist Church wants to Picket the Funeral. The Preacher & his Members Claim this shooting was about Gays getting married. How Awful for the Families to have their Final Day with their Children Disrupted by such Awful People. What is the World Coming Too???

Then my Guardian Child posted about a Shooting in a Movie Theater, in Tx, last Nite. A Deputy Sheriff was there & armed & killed the shooter After the shooter had already shot 1 person & was prepared to Shoot More!

Is it just me or does it seem like Tragedies such as these occur more around Holidays?

Love Candi

Thanks Candi,

I had not heard any of what you posted above.

I heard they are trying to blame autism for his actions. So unfair!!

I too notice that more tragedies like this one happen around the holidays. I don't feel that any of us have an answer for any of this.

This world is going down quickly. I wish we could re-instate the values of the 60s and 70s. "Love thy brother despite thier color."

Prays and hugs,
angie

dancer86442 replied to saxofone1's response:
Another Group is trying to establish that Traumatic Brain injuries (mental & Physical), which they have no proof of in this case, is responsible for a Lot of the 'violent' people in our jails & on the streets. I was Wondering why they had Autism noted, but, not to blame. It was all they wrote B4 continuing on to the Stats. They even quoted Obama Speech about the need for further Research & help for these People. From reading the article, I think they are just pushing a New Bill to be passed to Ensure further Research. They are hoping the incident & past incidents, will push this Bill. Sad, that they are using this Incident to push their own agenda.

I'm glad I instilled that 'value' in my son & Daughter. I wish More people would do the same. But, that is the World we live in now. SAD, but True!

Love Candi Merry Christmas!

Good morning, everyone,

My local news channel is put the following address on their link in regards to sending support to Newtown:

Shooting Tragedy
PO Box 3700
Newtown, CT 06470

Candi, thanks for instilling such 'values' in your kids. If they are anything like you, there will be loving people in their generation.

Merry Christmas to all,
angie

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center