Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Sezuire spasms
Kayla96 posted:
Hello I am new to the group my name is Felicia and I need some advice My has slept with ever since she was a baby so that I can detect when she is in a sezuire now at the age 16 she is leraning to sleep alone and she has a nurse but she does'nt sleep she would dose off for 40mins and wake up in a spasm or sezuire it is to the point it is effecting her school attendance what should I try to comfort her to sleep sezuire free she is afraid to go to sleep at night am i helping her to learn to sleep alone or is it hurting her. HELP.

dancer86442 responded:
Hello Felicia,

Actually, you are doing Good letting your Daughter have her own room. Should have been done Long Ago!

Is your daughter on any medications? Do you or her keep a Daily Journal? More Info on page 3 of Tips. How can you Help her? By Educating yourself & her about All aspects of Epilepsy. Plus, it mite be a Good Idea for both of you to talk to a Counselor. She needs to talk to a professional about her Fears & how to overcome them.

Another Good Idea, if she hasn't already, I would recommend she join an Epilepsy Teen Support Group. epilepsy.com & Facebook can Help! Or if you have a Live Support Group in your area, please Go! Visit efa.org & use Search to Locate a Group near you, if any.

As a Caretaker you deserve Support, too. Please visit anytime you have any concerns or even if you just want to vent. We will be Listening.

Hugs & Merry Christmas. Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Hey Guys!
Need an extra hand? We help everyone! In ANY and EVERY way we can! Call now and ask us what makes us different than all the other ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center