Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
OT: more on ankle
hula_dancer73 posted:
Aloha,

Hereis what he going to be doing to me: Right Ankle Lateral Reconstruction and Peroneal Tendon Debrediment.

that last one is wrapping the Achilles Tendon.

4-5 weeks I will be out but not off here, just not being able to do the things I have been doing right now.

I am on the mainland now and will be having Christmas in Phoenix with the whole family, they managed toget 2 tickets and are coming here.

We do our present opening on Chrietmas Eve.

my mom does 2 serives that night that are totally different. One is geared to kids and the other one is the regular one. T he frist service the hand bell choir rings and will be my last time until the stuff that he wrapped it in comes off and the 2 casts come off and I go thru PT. When I can stand on it again with no pain then I can go back to playing the bells. I am bummed about that.

just thought you wanted a little more info on this surgery, so I am keeping you upated as the mess goes on.

Mahola and Mele Kalikikmaka
nancy

That means Thank you and Merry Christmas in Hawi'ian.

dancer86442 responded:
HUGS! Nancy. Here's hoping you have a Fast Recovery from the Surgery! Love Candi

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
it will take about 6 weeks or more then PT.

RIght now I am in a huge wrapping with coban tightly wound on the outside. Staples on the insicion, stitches whe re he scoped to find the mess. Did not have to wrap the achilles Tendon this time. The last time on the toher ankle he had to wrap uit becuase it was fraying.

steel bar from toes to top of calf at back of leg.(where the knee bends).

slit the coban in teh front of the ankle to allow for swelling and it st ill swells on and off.

Hurts ALOT right now and I can feel the staples when I stand up. NO weight on it at all.

have to sit with it up and when I go to bed I have to have it higher than my heart so 2 pillows and it makes it above the heart.

no szs in 2.5 weeks, but I am going to put my foot in my mouth with that one.

talk later,

NAncy

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center