Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

question
    hula_dancer73 posted:
    why does my brain feel like it is getting squeezed sometimes?

it just feels like it is being wrung out by something.

I have never had this feeling before until a month ago. I am trying to get in to see my neurologists earlier than the 13th of feb.

That would mean going back to the mainland to do it but att his point I dont care.

I do not know if that is a small sz, or what it is.

I do know the brain itself has NO feeling. The meninges are what feel, not the brain.

howeer I would like some input to this if anyone has some insigiht, other than to see my neruo. That I am trhing to do.

I had a sz last night, so my spelling is off and alot of typos but do not feel like correcting themright now.

my ankle is in TOO much pain right now.

thaks,

Nancy

dancer86442 responded:
    Nancy,

I do not think it is 'seizure related'. W/ your ankle surgery you have to consider the Stress you have been thru getting it fixed & now in recovery. All that extra stress may have caused Tension to build in your brain. Thus making it feel 'weird'.

Hugs! Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Make sure no changes are made to your medications…
    This letter has been created by the Epilepsy Foundation to make explicitly sure that no substitutions are made to your prescription without ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center