Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
I have been taking depakote ER
An_249910 posted:
I been taking Kepraa ER since 2005 then my level was not right so the doctor change me regular strength Depakote it did not wok so she change to Depakote ER i been free from epilepsy since almost 2009

dancer86442 responded:
Hi There! That is some really Great News! I hope you continue to remain seizure free on this drug. I have been seizure free for over 20 yrs on Phenobarbital.

Welcome to Epland. Please make yourself at home & Feel free to comment, post, vent &/or share more of your Journey/knowledge of Epilepsy. HUGS!

Love Candi

saxofone1 responded:
Good things do happen with time, patience, and good support.

Hope this period of no seizures continues in the new year and beyond.

Think about checking out some of the discussions. A positive input is always good therapy. A reason to renew hope.

angie

hula_dancer73 responded:
I had a bad experience with Depakote.

IT made me toxic so they had to remove me from it and I was taking the ER form of it at 2000 mgs.

They then put me on Lamictal and cross-titrated it with the Depakote.

I have been on Lamictal since 2003. VImpat at 600 mg s since 2 years ago and klonopin for ever.

Hoever unlike you I am NOT sz-free. My szs are refractory and can get way out of control and are ex[tremely hard to ttreat. VNS as well.

I wich you all the best that you stay sz-free for the rest of your life.

Nancy

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center