Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
First time seizure increased dosage I do not understand
Keely357 posted:
In September I saw a neurologist for having the same conversation twice with my roommate and having no recollection of the second. A subsequent MRI showed nothing wrong. I have no history of seizures but last week a co-worker found me his words "having a seizure" I have no recollection of it except coming to in the ambulance 15 minutes later. The emergency room doctor after doing blood work and a head ct and eeg: all tests came back negative The same neurologist from september without seeing me prescribed 100 mg twice a day then went on sick leave and the covering doctor said that was the proper dosage I cannot get into see a neurologist for a month can you guys give some advice I am really worried about increasing the dosage so high with out seeing a doctor is this dosage correct or common after a seizure? I was prescribed Lamotrigine 25 mg two weeks then 50 mg for two weeks by the emergency room doctore. then it was switched to 200 mgs of Lamotrigine a day by the nuerologist from September

Helpful Tips

maybe not a seizure
A friend of mine had what he thought was a seizure. They could find nothing but he lost his license also. For one documented seizure. A ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center