First time seizure increased dosage I do not understand
Keely357 posted:
In September I saw a neurologist for having the same conversation twice with my roommate and having no recollection of the second. A subsequent MRI showed nothing wrong. I have no history of seizures but last week a co-worker found me his words "having a seizure" I have no recollection of it except coming to in the ambulance 15 minutes later. The emergency room doctor after doing blood work and a head ct and eeg: all tests came back negative The same neurologist from september without seeing me prescribed 100 mg twice a day then went on sick leave and the covering doctor said that was the proper dosage I cannot get into see a neurologist for a month can you guys give some advice I am really worried about increasing the dosage so high with out seeing a doctor is this dosage correct or common after a seizure? I was prescribed Lamotrigine 25 mg two weeks then 50 mg for two weeks by the emergency room doctore. then it was switched to 200 mgs of Lamotrigine a day by the nuerologist from September