Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Uncontrolled Urination
kittyqqq posted:
Hello, hope everyone is well. ive been doing great, no seizures for months......but for the past 4 nights in a row i have peed the bed in my sleep. Also, one time i was awake and had to urinate so i headed to the bathroom and on my way i just peed, it came out of the bottom of my pants and went all over the floor, i didnt make it, there have been many other times i have feelings of severe urgency where i just barely make it to the toilet.now mind you, i am 33 years old but i think its time to start wearing depends. i was wondering if this may be seizure related,or if anyone else has experienced this..

dancer86442 responded:
Hello Kitty,
It's Good to hear you have been seizure free. HUGS! As to your incontinence: You need to go see your Dr. I know incontinence can be a problem for those who still experience seizures. But, from what you described I think it may be due to an underlying condition. Possible Bladder Infection??

Love Candi

hula_dancer73 responded:
don't feel bad about wetting the bed.

I wet it until I was 16. undxd ep but we didn't know it at the time. Neuro says T/Cs. that was as a teen, then they stopped and came out with a vengence in august of 03. 8 months after a head on car accident with a tree. They came back as Complex Partial szsand have never stopped.

that was when it was officially dxd.

sx was not going to help it due to 3 lesions on my left temporal lobe too clcose to valuable structures.

I still wetthe bed from time to time.

Sometimes I have towear adult diapers to bed or during the day. THAT is a real pain.

weting the bed in your sleep may be T/Cs in your sleep.

I know Iwould wake up all sweaty and wetto the core and the bed coverings were completely disheveled and kicked apart. drool on the pillow case etc.

nancy

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 43 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center