Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
when started
DanielleCrook posted:

I've been having seizers my whole life, the first time when I was born. Don't have them any more so I hope that I can be taking off before me and my boyfriend start trying to have are first kid. I don't know why it's hard to tell people about that I have to take meds for seizers. The biggest thing of taking meds. How will I be able to taking my meds if need to when I am pregnant with are first, and it won't do anything to are baby?

dancer86442 responded:
Hello Danielle,

Welcome to our family. How long have you been seizure free? Have you considered the fact that you are on meds & that is the reason you are seizure free? My Motto: If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I have been seizure free for almost 25 yrs. I had a child while on meds. The best the Dr would do was Lower them. Having a seizure while PG is more dangerous to the child & you, then the risk of med side effects. A Lot of women have had 'Normal' children while on meds. Your Ob/Gyn & Neuro Need to be communicating, when you proceed to get PG. It is, also, recommended that you start Folic Acid B4 conceiving.

Having a Hard Time telling people? That's Sad! Lack of Public Knowledge is pitiable. Why is there such a Lack of Awareness? ? Becuz, people are afraid to talk to the General Public &/or seek others' w/ Epilepsy where they Can talk about it. Awareness about Epilepsy can only be Raised by Our Voices. But, it Starts in Forums Like these. I never discussed or knew anything about Epilepsy, till I joined this group 20 yrs ago. I Remain here to help you & others' . All of the people that visit here deserve to know: You are not alone. I am always here for you for Support & Answers or Advice. Please, keep us updated. Keep Learning! HUGS!

Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center