headaches and szs
hula_dancer73 posted:
HI all,

I was just curious as to headaches being szs in and of themselves?

I get alot of headaches and was wondering.

When the headache is BEYOND Migraine and can not be controlled with anything else can it be a sz.

I do not knwo what else to say about this other than can szs be heachaches or Vice Versa?

I do swipe myself and sometimes they go away and sometimes ir does not.

So that is wy I am wondering this becuase the ones that get swiped tend to go away but not alwasy do get alot of relief and the oens that do not repolsnd to it etc.

Candi,
Inanswer to your questions about the VNS being permant or not depends on the patient with it

THe o ther day I called and asked him in person on the phone rather than play the game called call up and talk to the MA and she talks to him then she calls me. So I wanted to talk to him and asked about wehter or not the VNS is permanetn or not, and he t old me for me it is for me. That the only time it will come out is when it gets replaced. Yes it can be shut down or removed, There is a riskysurgery that can remoce t he wiring but it can do some sefious damamge to the lsft Vagus Nerve. They try not to do that and just take out the implant and part of the lead.

Nancy

dancer86442 responded:
Migraines & Headaches have been Linked or co-morbid to seizures. But, are Not actual seizures. They may be a Forewarning of impending Activity. Note them in your Daily Journal! Along w/ foods/bevs, etc.

I knew about the VNS pacemaker removal. But, didn't realize they had improved surgery for removal of the coil on Vagus Nerve. Last I heard & as your DR told you: it was too much of a risk to do so.

Love Candi

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
HI Candi,

YEs the surgery for wire removal is out there but it is risky becuase i t can cause alot of dmamge and it is only done if needed. Most people will have it turned off left it or taken out with the part of the lead that also gets replaced when the VNS gets replaced.

The VNS has a regitery # and the 6 inch part of teh lead also has a registry# as well. THe model also has a # as well.

I have model # 103.

removal of the lead wiring casues damage to the nerve which is why theiy are reluctand to take it out. Alot of pealing and probing to get it off and uncoiled. So typically they just leave it in there.

I Have only read about 2 or 3 cases in Neurology Now about having the lead removal done. one person had to ahve the ne rve severed to get it off adn now has part of her nerve, nad the other one only was able to have ything out but the anchor.

That is why it is so risky.

HI has great wea ther right now. In the upper 70s to lower 80s.

I am lovin it.

While I wauch my relatives in NC, MI, TN and Canada freeze their butts off.

as for haylen's wuestion from a long time ago about do people in teh tropics drink hot chocloate and I never answered but yes we do. We pretty much do the same things you all do, with the exception of drinks, hx of HI, schools from K-12 adn then there is UH (univeristy of Hawi'i) main brainch on O'ahu on the other side of downrtown, and then branches all over the state alont wi th comm colleges.

Maui has a branch of UH and several comm colleges, Kuaui Has a Branch of UH and 2 comm colleges. College is do en like it is in PHX. and grades K-12 are done ver ydifferently.

High school has 2 short days and 3 longs days. middle school is the opssiate 3 short days and 2 longs days.

K-6 also works on a different schedule as well. K-2 is all short days and 3-6 is also split up with the time as well.

My daugher constantly complains aobut it. IT messes her up but she still keep her grades up. She liked going to school from 8-3. everyday of the week.

Nancy
I live on O'ahu in the Waikiki district of downtown Honolulu.

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
hi candi,

I have had 6 Migraines in 9 days, enough is enough of this.

I am scheduled to ahve a TPI shot in the back of my neck next tuesday.

TPI stands for Trigger Point Injection. I will hve to fly to PHX to see my pain doc (not the TMJ doc) then see my mom for a day then fly back to Hawi'i.

nancy
I live on O'ahu in the Waikiki district of downtown Honolulu.

dancer86442 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
I hope the shot Helps!

ktdid70 responded:
I found out a little over a yr ago that when I had my worst migraine ever, I have a seizure or two ( have had migraines for ten yrs but never connected the two.) It also happens if I have a lot of pain from other medical issues or even just whenever-sucks. lThe neuro hasnt said whether they are logically a cause of my seizures but I see a coincidence. He is still doing eegs to track my seizures and find out if my new hand tremors are related.

hula_dancer73 replied to ktdid70's response:
Sometimes my migraines are connected to my szs but alot of time it is justthem being a pain the the butt.
I have have trouble with them this last 2 weeks non-wtop and I am getting sick if them; Havetot take t ake Imitrex for them.

for me the headhackes are a ersult of menegitis and encepheltis together at the same time. I started with them in dec in 95.

so I have a 17 yr hx of them.

I can tell a sz headache from a normal Migraine.

Nancy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!