New to all of this
An_250957 posted:
Hello everyone, I am new to this site. February 22nd I had a RIND (reversible ischemic neurologic deficit or disorder, depending on which site), also known as a mini-stroke. The second day at the hospital I started to have tremors in my head, which felt like I was being shaken and electricity buzzing. Left side of face would then feel like electricity was running through it. Immediate after I would have a terrible headache in forehead and back of head above my neck. At first, it would take me hours to recover, and now it still occurs, but diminishes quicker with headaches only lasting a minute or so. The Neurologist recommends Lyrica for the seizures, which might also assist with the (in control) Fibromyalgia.

Is it common for a RIND to lead to seizures? Rather frustrating as I am an A type personality who works full time, commutes, and working on an MBA, but am off work at the moment. p.s. Bright lights send me over the top....

dancer86442 responded:
Hello, I apologize for the delay in answering. I hope you are still w/ us. Another Group was just discussing this topic & yes, it seems Heart problems of any kind can trigger seizure symptoms. And vice versus. As in the case of my Sister who already had EP b4 her heart issues.

Bright lites? Well, that is a known trigger for seizure activity in some people. You may have other triggers you are unaware of yet.

I am assuming your DR ran tests to determine seizure activity. Thus, the Lyrica. Yes, it is a Multi-purpose med. What you can do for now: Start a Journal ASAP More Info under our Tips on the rite. While transitioning onto Medication do not change any personal use items ie: shampoo, toothpaste, soaps, Laundry soaps etc. Eat Nutritiously! That can/will Help diminish &/or eliminate some side effects.

As for job & school. For now, take one day at a time. Lots of people w/ seizure disorders are in school & work. But, know your Rights. As posted on efa.org. They have Tips for managing school & work, too. We should have more related links/articles posted in Resources. Trick is to find ways to keep stress levels under control Which means adequate sleep as well as mental health.

Keep asking questions. Keep Learning. It is the Best way to become your own Best Advocate! HUGS!

Love Candi