Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
epilepsy and mold
mandysmother posted:
Does anyone know if mold can cause epilepsy.
?
I know that 'black mold' can cause seizures but what about the disease - epilepsy.

Alsio - if so - how much exposure to mold would be necessay to do this to a person ?

Thanks for any response.
mandysmother

dancer86442 responded:
Hello Mom,

Considering there are a lot of Seizure disorders w/ 'unknown cause' I wouldn't discredit it. But, I can say it is a Trigger, which is not the same as Cause. Epilepsy is a disruption of electrical activity in the brain. Two or more Episodes of similar actions determines Epilepsy which is confirmed w/ EEG's & MRI tests.

How much exposure to Trigger seizures would depend on the persons Immune system & how sensitive it is.

I will ask around & see if anyone else has thoughts on this subject. Hugs! Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center