Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
OT: falls
hula_dancer73 posted:
hi all,

Sorry I ahve not been here in a LONG time, but have had other things to do. I have enrolled at UH in West Honolulu where we live to take courses that parelllel the RN program and deal with neuro science. it is a 6 year program and I am going to give it my best even if I can not get thru it then I can not say I failed becuase I at least gave it a try.

I haveto take classes this summer to fill in where the ones from my previous schools did not transfer or this one needs.

Anyway, on the 5th of april I have to go back to the mainland back to the CORE institute (the orthopedic facility) I go to for everything to ahve my right hip looked at. There is a chance there may be a fracture somwhere around it. Not a huge one but a possible one.

can not sit comftabley, walking is difficult-using crutches again to get weight off it, bending down to do anything might as well be forgotten about becuase I can not bring myself back up again. and so on.

The pain is unbearable.

I have falls when I either have drop attacks or T/Cs the few times I have them. I had a T/C a little more than a month ago and I decicded it was time to do something about it, because it is causing referred pain to my lower back. another reason I have not been on here and I highly aplogize for that.

the weahter here on O'ahu is great in teh 80s and some humidity. 60s at night.

what is it like in AZ Candi?

Nancy
I live on O'ahu in the Waikiki district of downtown Honolulu.

dancer86442 responded:
Kudos to you Nancy! For going back to school. Best of Luck there. Sad to hear about your Hip. I dread the day my bones crack/fracture. I know it won't take much. And even a Hairline fracture will be noticeable. As for weather. Ups & downs. Gonna be in the high 80's again, later this week. Just had a chill down for the weekend. HUGS!

Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center