Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Epilepsy
Roxsanne posted:
Hi to all, my question is... Can epilepsy come back if you ouygrow it, and now that your an adult have it again?

dancer86442 responded:
Hello Roxsanne,

Welcome to our community. I Know it can! But, Researchers have not done enough 'homework' on the subject to Substantiate the possibility. Do you know what caused your previous seizure activity? Do you know what is possibly re-triggering them? I have no clue why I had seizures as a babe/toddler. But, a head blow re-triggered mine after 25 yrs in 'remission'. My thought: We all have an Ep gene, We all have a Seizure threshold. If we experienced seizures as kids our seizure threshold is Lower than most. There are sooo many 'possibilities' as to Why seizures are re-triggered. Food allergies, mercury poisoning, PTSD or Traumatic head blows, chiropractic issues & the list goes on.

Please start keeping a Daily Journal. See more Info on Journals under our Tips. The post will explain Why it is important to do so.

Please keep us posted about how you are doing &/or coping. Know we care. More Questions? Let me know, Hugs

Love Candi

saxofone1 responded:
Hi Rozsanne,

That is a question many of us have. My peds that I would outgrow mine but that was 38 years ago.

I have had long periods of no seizure activity only to have them reappear for no known reason. My longest period of has been about 4 yrs.

Welcome to the group. Please start the journal, if you haven't already, as Candi suggests. The journals are very helpful to you as well as your medical team.

Drop in on us with updates, or simply to ask questions or rant your thoughts/frustrations.

angie

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center