Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
OT: school
hula_dancer73 posted:
Sorry I have NOT been on here in a LONG time but I have been busy. I have flown back to the mainland for an emergency with my neuro, and I am now going back to college at UH (Univeristy of Hawi'i--West Honolulu) where we live. I have made it past the first semester with 2 classes a B and an A. The A did NOT surprise me as I had to re-take medical terms over again as it has been about 20 years since I last had it, but I have the update 21st edition medical dictionary and several other items to study from. The B was in an RN class already called the Basics of Nursing. I thought for sure I was going to fail that.

I had my doc give me an extra 2 boxes of magnets so each teacher would have a pager style of magnet that they could hold easier than the one around the wrist. they can put it on their belt or into thier pockets backwards liks pagers and grab them when they have to.

I have only had 4 szs during school in a 5 week span and more outside of the clsse room, but I taught the teachers how to use them.

Well I better get going for now I just wanted to let you know i am still here and breathing that I did not fall off the earth just got busy, and started school.

GO UH WARRIORS!!

Nancy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

dancer86442 responded:
Nancy,

That is Fantastic News! My Niece is a Pediatric RN. I am Proud of Both of You! Glad to hear you are doing so Good, Despite seizure activity. What type did the Teachers' witness? I think it's Great that your Doc gave you extra magnets for the teachers & that they know what to watch for & how to Respond. I'm sure you taught them Well! Keep up the Good Work. I Know Studies will get Harder, but, I have Faith in you to maintain Good Grades. HUGS!

Love Candi

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
THey witnessed a comples PArtial tht generalized. Tehy swiped me during the secondsry part and shortend it and then it stopped on its own. I haveto take those magnets with me when I change classes every semster. I also had to eduacte the classes about the szs as well. At one point during an exoplantion I got mush-mouthed and embaarresd myself. Oh, well.

Sorry so short.

NAnacy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center