Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
lamictal
hula_dancer73 posted:
Aloha,

My Neuro, has upped my lamictal to 800 mgs . THe normal adult dose is 500 mgs.

It doesn't bother me at all.

I have been on it since Oct 17 of 03, but NOT at that high of a dose

why would he do that?

He said he is going to leave it there.

any suggessions or advice?

Mahola,

Nancy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Nancy,

I recall a reply from our ol nemesis Bruce about this. As he explained it: We each have a different tolerance for meds. Some of those w/ Seizure Disorders Need more than the recommended dose to control seizure activity. I think Your DR increased the med becuz your seizures are still uncontrolled.

Advice: About All you can do is keep up w/ your Journal. Give the new dose 4-6 weeks eat Healthy, nutritious meals, Unless you develop harsh side effects, I wouldn't worry too much about the increase. Remember, when trying a new dose some breakthru seizures May occur. Good Luck on the new dose. I Hope it works for you. Hugs!

Love Candi

Helpful Tips

DEEPLY DISCOUNTED DRUGS WITHOUT INSURANCE
Believe it or not, you can save BIG bucks at the drugstore around the corner (some prescription, some generic and some of both, depending ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center