Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Two weeks after stopping Topamax
cindigal posted:
It's been two weeks since we stopped topamax and I feel fine. No side effects since. I posted a lengthy post about my trip to doctor and frustrated with not being losing weight. I cut off all fruit for the time being since the doc cautioned all that fruit is loaded with sugar. I stocked up withh veggies when I shopped and for about 4 days straight I had a nice salad with romaine lettuce, shredded carrots, cucumbers, grape tomatoes. I use light dressing. It really curbed appetite for dinner after eating a nice salad. I also bought spinach leaves and I will make more salads.

I usually buy chicken breasts, skinless and boneless and I cook it different ways except fried. The other day I put two breasts in a pan and put a little olive oil, added chopped garlic and green onions. Put the chicken in and used seasonings and some teriyaki sauce which added more flavor to the chicken. Since I ate a big salad I didnt have any thing with chicken and that was fine. I drink ice tea during summer and bought green tea bags. I have a ice tea maker and when it brews and goes to the pitcher, it makes about 3 quarts. I just my own sweetener in my sipper and some lemon. Hopefully that this new regimen I am doing which shed some weight. I also go to the gymn about 4 times a week and do the elliptical for 30 minutes and use my exercise ball at home. Wish me luck with my new schedule and keeping on tract.

cindigal

dancer86442 responded:
Big Hugs! All sounds Good! Here's Hoping you remain seizure free & reach you weight goal! Keep us updated. Know we Care!

Love Candi

saxofone1 responded:
All that sounds great.. Hope that the good things continue for you. Moment by moment, day by day.....

angie

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 43 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center