Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
1 week back to work down already.
jenbayly17 posted:
Hi all. I made it through the first week back to my phone customer service job. Luckily the more heated calls came later in the week. My supervisor had a meeting that our quality assurance department that grades our calls came in to go over common errors among our phone reps like myself. It was a whole team meeting which includes about 14 people on my team. But it was a good refresher. The only thing that I notice more at work is that after I take my mid day dose of gabapentin and have lunch I come back and my brain seems to race a little for the first hour when I am trying to explain things to customers, and my fingers need to keep moving even when I am not typing or in between calls. But I am adjusting and co-workers and supervisors are being very supportive. Oddly enough I am glad to be back even if some calls are not the most appealing. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Jen

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Jen,

Glad to hear ya made it thru week One. Note your reaction in your Journal to your mid day dose. Here's hoping you Enjoy Your weekend. Rest Up & be prepared for week 2.

My weekend has been Good so far. Tonite, I get to go to the Waulapai (SP??) Mtns (whoohoo get to escape the heat for a few hrs) to attend a Renaissance Wedding. My Neighbors have been living together for 12 yrs & have decided to 'Tie the knot' Then tomorrow is Hubby's B'Day &&&& Our 25th Wedding Anniversary.

Hugs Love Candi

saxofone1 responded:
Hi Jen,

That's wonderful to hear that you're back to work. It's also great to know that you're getting support from your
co-workers. They probably missed you very much. Let them know about us and maybe someone will join us.

Candi, BEALTED BIRTHDAY WISHES to hubby, and a BELATD HAPPY ANNI to the both of you.

I'm doing great as long as I stay out of the heat.

love,
angie

jenbayly17 replied to saxofone1's response:
Hi ladies,
I have been slow to get back to workouts that I did before my seizure in April and med change but have been doing more lately outside and I did workout with my sister in law this morning on the treadmill and stationery bike for an hour total. I have today off work so now I am relaxing a while. I am about 95% back to my normal routine. So I am astronomer comfortable in my body than I have been for a while.

Candi the renaissance wedding sounds very interesting, I hope you had fun and also were able to celebrate your own anniversary and hubby's bday.

Angie I have been blessed with awesome co-workers. It has been good to be back and challenge myself to get back on track.
I don't know that my co-workers will frequently join our discussions but they have been told about the site and I also referred another girl I have been talking to on another epilepsy site to come and read my posts since she also just started keppra. So hopefully she will make her way here.

Jen

dancer86442 replied to jenbayly17's response:
Thank You Jen & Angie! Yes, we had fun at the Wedding. Our Anniversary was fairly Quiet compared to the wedding. Hubby got his Free Lunch from our fav place. Got home & AC wasn't working. Compressor is Shot! Running on Swamp Cooler now. But, come middle of July, if not sooner, we will need the AC running. Anyone got 1500 bucks? Anyway, Then it was Back to our fav place, for our Taco nite. Just me, my Gf & Hubby. Our son showed up just as we were ready to lite candles on cake. But, he was More concerned w/ contacting his GF & when she didn't answer he took off again. Kids! Oh Well. We have gotten used to his 'moods'.

I do hope your friend joins us, Jen. But, ya never know. I invited a Lady from NSDF to join us & she Said she Would. Still no sign of her, though. That was 2 weeks ago. That's OK. We got each other & I know the Lurkers are w/ us.

Have a Good Day! Glad to hear ya got to work out this morn. Yard Work seems to be my only 'workout'. Better than None!

Hugs! Love Candi

saxofone1 replied to dancer86442's response:
Jen, you'll get back to your usual routine soon enough, just might not be as soon as you like. But you're on your way and have no doubt that you will continue moving forward.

Candi, I gues I have add you to my list if ever Publisher's finds me. It is hot here in Vegas too. Thank goodness I'm an early riser. Need some 24-hr banks so I could be done by 8a. ATMs don't cash checks. Not yet anyway.

Tacos sound great, Candi. This time of year we need something that we can make that doesn't require a lot of time in the kitchen.

Everyone have a good day. Stay cool and remember the water. Love you.

angie

jenbayly17 replied to saxofone1's response:
I have now been at work a few weeks and feel my confidence coming back and even some of my tasks at work that I used to dread are now things that I am trying harder at. So my supervisor is happy to have me back, for now until something new starts up I guess.
I have been watching ball games for my nephew and that season is about winding down now which is something that is good because I think being in the heat affects me more with this med than the last. I know Keppra has right on it to avoid prolonged direct sunlight. so i sometimes have to find a tree at the ballpark to sit under and I am fine otherwise I just get to warm and don't want to push it.
I hope all is going well for others here as well. Have a good week.
Jen

dancer86442 replied to jenbayly17's response:
So Glad to hear about your progress at work & in your personal life. Too bad about the heat & med mix. I know I can relate. Friends keep asking me to go boating w/ them. :(They just don't understand. Even though it's cooler on the River, it is Still to much sun/heat for me. Even when Shaded. All I can do is keep saying No & Someday, maybe, they will get the Hint! I Ain't Interested. I would be, but, No one wants to get up B4 the Birds & are too exhausted for late evenings. Sooo, Stay Hydrated! Stay QL! Best we can do!

Have a great week! Thank You sooo much for your Input on new Topics/Discussions. I Appreciate your Input! You are a great addition to our Family! Hugs!

Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center