Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Blackouts?
Kaysmommy731 posted:
\"I blackout like 20+ times a day, when i blackout my whole body, face and mostly my lips go numb an i usually pass out or fall cause i lose feeling in my legs, when i \"come to\" i Have a really bad headache. My blood pressure and blood sugar are good so i dont know what it could be

dancer86442 responded:
Kaysmommy,

Please go see a Neurologist! ASAP! In the meantime start keeping a Journal of your blackouts. (More Info as to what to include in our Helpful Tips.) Resources has descriptions of various seizure types. These may be Myoclonics! But, I am not a DR & you need to be properly tested to rule out any Seizure Disorder.

Please Keep us posted as to your progress!

Hugs Love Candi

jenbayly17 responded:
Kaysmommy 731
I am not sure how long you are unconscious when this happens but for my larger seizures that have lasted longer it is followed by what I would describe vas a massive headache. I have never had a migraine headache but I would think it is comparable. As Candi said it is best to see a neurologist to get your answers. We are here for any questions but if this is a repeated daily pattern you will want the medical tests to be done to see if there is something new in your daily routine that is causing problems for you or if you need a med to regulate it. Keep good notes and your neurologist will be able to help you better. good luck and keep in touch.
Jen

saxofone1 responded:
Welcome, Kaysmommy731,

20 blackouts per day is a lot of lost time. As Candi and Jen have said, please see a doctor ASAP. Start that journal and keep it close at hand.

Let us know how things are going. Be strong. We care and are in your corner.

angie

hula_dancer73 replied to saxofone1's response:
kaysmommy, Ihave had this before and they are called Drop arracks, but youstill need to speak to yourdoc nexr visit. Ihad a sz yesterday so the keyboard id douvle vision. I had to wear a helmet for the time I had them. I got really sick with something andd came dwn with sz types tht were not my usual. My usual is Complex Partial in the antior part of the left Temporal Lobe.

Not a good candidate for surgery so I got the VNS instead. Works well for me.

NAncy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

hula_dancer73 responded:
Sorry I am repying again,

I ahve a friend who kept falling down and crashing into thing in to things really hard and that was alot of times.

Ahe kept doingthis for several years that I know of. Swas also depressed so the doctor put her on Lamictal at 200.5 mgs and the falling stuff actually stopped. We think she has had epilepsy with those falls that were hard and blacked out when she had them, and she has not had one since the doc put her on the lamictal for her depression.

what do you guys think?

NAncy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

dancer86442 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Nancy, I would say your friend Definitely has Epilepsy! Especially, since the Lamictal worked to control them. I hope she Remains on her medication!

Love candi

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center