Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
severe dizziness
hula_dancer73 posted:
hi all.

I wass wondering if severdizziinzziness is a sz? It is all I can do to to write th is. I it was all I coud all I caoud do di do to go I can' t evev wrirn witw this becaus the ha kje a e all rln together and I haft to put my fce closto to the key board to see it.

nancy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

dancer86442 responded:
No It's Not. But, something IS wrong! Contact your GP ASAP!

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
yhey are closed, bgy i did grt a hold of mk ne uro ans he saidthaat thhatthere are over 30 thypes of szs an I cooool have had one . He made my sit om thy floor in casw . I aam alooonee. jasyn at wrok and Gretvhsen 2 hrs way aat friends houose.

Nancy

hula_dancer73 responded:
I am now in a hospital (straub)where Jasyn works. I am in the neuro wing

yes, it was a sz, and the pcp here ordered at the request of my PHX neuro to do it. another VEEG. WHo knows how long I will be in here, but they want to catch it so they can see it. They may have to change my meds except for the Lamictal.

The pamelor may have caused it. It said in ALL my drug books 5 of them can cause cause epileptic szs. I don't know what sence that makes when you already have them.

It took 4 hrs for that to go away. I called a friend and she came over to stay wwity me.

another oent and got Gretchen for me.

By the time Jasyn got home I was already in the hospital.

I am on his lap top right now talking to you and he is here with me. Gretchen is at home doing homework with a friend and the friend's mother to supervize.

We live in West Honolulu and the hospital is clear over in the Waikiki disrtict of downtown of Honolulu.

THey want me to stop for now and do this later. Dinner YUCK!

Nancy

dancer86442 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
I'm glad to hear your are amongst nurses & Drs who will watch over you. Give your Hubby a Hug from me. He Deserves It!

Nancy, the drug that May have caused the seizure. side effect of seizures makes sense! You already have a Low Seizure Threshold! Anti-Biotics & other medications that Warn of possible seizures will affect you! What Don't make sense: DR Prescribing them for You! He knows your History & should know More about what he is Prescribing! I had a Dr do the same to me. Prescribed an anti-biotic that caused an abdominal seizure in me. When I told the nurse her reply was: The side effect was worth the cure, Rite? I Insisted & she Did make Note that I Never Wanted That Drug Again.

Trial & error time, again. I feel for you & can only Hope the change will be for the better. Sounds Bad: But, Hoping they Catch activity. Hugs!

Love Candi

jenbayly17 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Nancy,
I hope the doctors are catching activity with the tests they are running, but I wanted to also put out there that if it comes to where that activity does not occur while you are there I have had a similar experience of severe dizziness. Mine however after tests and theories of several doctors came to be that I have meneirs disease. It would cause dizziness to where I couldn't walk without holding on to a wall or someone by me. 4 hours is how long it took me on 3 different occasions to have the dizziness stop. I had one time that it took me 6 hours to recover but it was just after I had a colonoscopy done the day before hand. With all the liquid I took in for the preparation of the colonoscopy is what effected the meniers. I now am on a med that regulates this but after 4spells of it happening it was frustrating to try to make sure my work wouldn't be upset about me leaving. If your doctor wants to test for this it would involve a hearing test and a test where they put water in your ears and have you do a light test after that water is put in your ears, sorry I can't remember what it is called.

hula_dancer73 responded:
aloha,

They figured out the sz type.

IT is called a Vertiginous sz. The room does not spin but you are still very dizzy. They caught one and are waiting to see I produce another one b4 they send me home.

Nancy

Helpful Tips

maybe not a seizure
A friend of mine had what he thought was a seizure. They could find nothing but he lost his license also. For one documented seizure. A ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center