Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
OT: finally
hula_dancer73 posted:
aloha,

I finally got the last cast off for good.

talked to the PA and he said the x-rays looked good and that I did NOT need another cast of ANY kind.

sent me away with just a post-op splint an when I got back to my mom's house i was allowed to take it off. Looked alot better than when I got the first cast on 8 weeks ago.

I fly back to Hawi'i tomorrow on the red-eye early in the morning at 3 am PDT.

Thank you for your support in all this, it was hard to deal with having to fly back and forth from HI to PHX so I could get it checked out and cast changed and checked.

Mahola,

Nancy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

dancer86442 responded:
Glad to hear your out of the cast. Now, all ya need to do is figure out what is triggering your new seizure Type. Another New Type I will need to do homework on. Have you done any Research about them? If so, would you put a Link in our Resources for Others' to Learn, also? Hugs! Love Candi

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
it is not in books it is what the doc told me iin person. so I do ot have a link nad would not know how to even put one up there.

I tried to but it would not let me even get passed that part so i could'n put one up there if I had one.

IT is a tru sz type. He did say it can take hrs to geet rid of it.

It is just a nasty one.

Why do I haveto ahve a second type.

I could have just have lived with my CPSs now I ahveto deal with this.

Nancy

dancer86442 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Nancy, I found Lots of Info/articles about this type of Epilepsy! Wikipedia, ncbi.gov listed in Weblinks for Epilepsy Those articles & new-medical.net say it is a Symptom of seizures. Not a Seizure Type! Quote: In some cases, the full onset of a seizure event is preceded by 'strange sensations' such as you experienced. It is Known as vertigenious Epilepsy, though. Another Fancy name for Auras from what I read.

Love Candi

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
so it is a real thing and they were write about this and not wrong.

I had this again this morning and had to swipe my self wuth that stupid magnet and after 1 hr it went away.

Another aord I have I haveto watch it during the 3 weeks I am gone.

I am glad they found it, but they are still not sending me home yet for some reason. I had the they were wanting and still here I sit and/lay strapped (they do that for every body do they don't fall out of the bed)

I don't know what they are waiting for.

nancy

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center