FREINDSHIP DAY
saxofone1 posted:
Hello everyone,

Today, Aug 4, is National Friendship Day!!!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts with me. When I found this site, I wasn't sure what I was going to find. I'm happy to say that I have found some to the most warm and loving people who aren't afraid to be open with "strangers". Though we may never meet, I have found a strong and sincere connection with you. Thanks for reading/responding to the posts with such true feelings, no show of superiority. One never knows where friendships will blossom.

Happy Friendship Day to all!!!

love,
angie

dancer86442 responded:
Happy Friendship Day! Believe me when I say: I consider every member a Dear Friend. The PPL I have met in the past & present, all have a place in my Heart.

Thank You Angie for posting this. I'm glad you are here w/ me & that Our friendship continues to bloom & grow, every day. You truly are the Best Friend a 'Stranger' could ever meet. Hugs!

Love Candi

saxofone1 replied to dancer86442's response:
Hi Candi,

Remember the pocket calendars that Hallmark used to hand out? A girlfriend and I discovered Friendship Day that way. It was noted that Friendship Day is always the 1st Sunday of August. We have been recognizing this day for about 25-30 yrs now.

Val and I would go to a local ice cream parlor and order 1 banana split with the works. It was our day to share the good times we've had since we met in 2nd grade. Though we've live in different states since the 90s, we recognize our friendship with a small gift or friendship card.

Thank you for being here for all of us.

love,
angie

jenbayly17 replied to saxofone1's response:
Ladies and any gents that may be also reading, I know I have been out of touch with you for a while but I have been a lurker in the midst observing the work of these two wonderful friends that are here for anyone at any given time. You ladies ate truly amazing. I have gotten back to workouts with my sister in law at least 5 times sometimes 6 a week. Trying to manage my weight since the change of meds has been something I have wavered in. Especially in the area of food. But it has been an emotional summer. My current trial to go through is losing my grandpa. He passed away this past weekend and the funeral is tomorrow. He was 91 so he lived a long good life and is now in a better place where he isn't in pain. So it is a blessing to have had him as part of my family until this point in my life. He however is the first grandparent I am losing. I still have the other 3. I helped my husband and my friends through their losses of grandparents in the last 10 years, it is just new territory for my immediate family though since the last death in our family wise at least was when I was 12. We have been so blessed. I truly appreciate all the support I have gotten from this site and hope this fall is going to be a little less chaotic.

Jen

dancer86442 replied to jenbayly17's response:
Hi Jen, Happy to hear you have been 'lurking'. I Know you aren't the only one who does so. I just wish All Lurkers would Comment at least once to let me know. Give me an idea as to How many are 'listening'.

Congrats gettin back into exercise. Wish I Would. But, at 62, I have very little Motivation. Not sure if it's just me, my age, my meds, my epi or combo. But, I have no Need to Lose weight. And I Am Slowly gaining weight again. !05 to 120 w/in the past yr. Whohoo.

My Prayers are w/ you & yours as you grieve for your grandpa. I have lost All my Grandparents. And my Dad, too. But, I Know they All watch over me & I hold them & their Love w/in my Heart, everyday. I got a Big Heart. Stay Strong! ENJOY Life. Cuz, that is what they would wish for us. Big Hug! Group Hug!

Angie, Yes, I remember the calenders. I first started charting my seizures/bad days on them. I Love your 'story'. I'm Happy that my BGF, from 36 yrs ago, is living half a l\2 block from me.
Love Candi

saxofone1 replied to jenbayly17's response:
Hi Jen,

Thanks for your vote of confidence in Candi and me.

My thoughts are with you and your family for your loss.

I didn't have the chance to get to know my grandparents cuz my dad was in the Air Force and was always being transferred. I had 4 or 5 zip codes before I was in the first grade.

Candi, Val and I keep in touch regularly. Her two young boys know I'm a Raider gal. She tells me that anytime they see the Raider emblem they 're likely to shout "That's Aunt Angie's team" . Teach 'em early.

Jen, please keep 'lurking' around. Your absence is felt just as strongly as your presence. Probably more so. Have a good day.

Hugs,
angie

jenbayly17 replied to saxofone1's response:
Candi and Angie,
Weight has been an issue for me since I was in grade school honestly, which was before the epilepsy medicine started. So I can't blame it soley on my meds. Now I just want to maintain which with everything lately has been on my mind first what I am putting in my mouth is not healthy food usually. Just trying to get the food part refocused. I lost weight in the last two years that I am not wanting to have to lose again.
Angie my husband's team is also the raiders (if we are talking pro football) I am a packer girl myself. I grew up in Nebraska all my life so if anyone watches college ball you know husker fans turn out in seas of red. You can not really live comfortably in this state without being a football fan. Yay for preseason football starting at least.

Jen

dancer86442 replied to jenbayly17's response:
Jen,

You realize that Proper Diet is also a Major factor to Focus on & that is Good. Now, ya just gotta make it a 'Habit'. Say No to Junk! It's OK to cheat once in awhile, though. You do know that Proper Nutrition helps your system to metabolize your meds properly? Another Incentive! Avoid Long Term side effects!

I ain't a Football fan. So, Stick Around. Angie Needs you!

Love Candi

saxofone1 replied to jenbayly17's response:
Hi Jen,

Yeah, we're talking pro!!! I grew up in the Bay Area in the 70s and have been a "RAIDERETTE" since then.

I am also a Packers fan when they're not playing OAK or SF. Even though I lived in Mpls in from 94-07, I always want them to beat the Vikings. Go Rodgers!!!!

Think about substituting granola bars for the candy bars. The sugar free sparkling waters help me satisfy my graving for a soda. I do a lot of walking too.

But I don't think I'll ever give up my Frapps from Starbucks. Just don't do them daily. Gets to be expensive anyway.

Your husband should be happy that Oakland beat "America's Team", the Dallas Cowboys. If the Raiders play as well as they did the other nite, we might have another championship team.

R-A-I-D-E-R-S GOOOOO RAIDERS!!!

angie