Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
I have a question about SSDI
cindigal posted:
I could call social security but you know how they work, you can never to speak anyone. Also, any sites I went to about social secuity, you have sort through pages. That's why I am pleading here to get a answer to my question. I get SSDI every for my disabilty, speech aphasia stemming from brain injury. I am 57 now and was married 13 years and then we separated in 2005. He moved to another state and he started to get sick in big way with cancer. He passed away in January and it still hurts cause we will still chatting all the while we were separated. my question is would i be able get his Social Security because he was over 63 and was retired. He was also a veteran and was getting a stipen from VA. I hate to call seocial secuirty because you how it works when you call for any questions, you are on hold forever. I thought this place would be great to answer my question. Thank for in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cindigal

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Cindi,

If you were still married, than Yes, you would be entitled to his SS & maybe, VA benefits. I Was told by SS & Hubby: VA benefits depends on whether you were Married B4 he retired from the Service. But, I would suggest you call & hug that phone till you get answers about SS.

Good to see you & Hope you are doing well. Despite the loss of your ex. May he Rest in Peace.

Hugs Love Candi

saxofone1 replied to dancer86442's response:
Hi Cindi,

These new automated, voice response units(VRU) drive me crazy. Keep calling/bugging them til you get an answer!!!!

The system gave my mom the run-around when her husband passed but she eventually some answers. Think about seeking a legal advisor just in case.

Wish you well,
angie

anthonybrownii replied to saxofone1's response:
It may take a lawyer to answer that question because it may take some filings to get it.

hula_dancer73 responded:
I sat there for over 3 hrs but had all the right info for the first time in my life. I had all the stuff in my date book. tests EEGs, MRIs, CTs, and others and who initiated them. I had all the cards of the doctors with their names and phone and fax #s on them. For some reason I was meant to have all that stuff. I had to sit but it only took 45 minutes to go thru everything to get it processed. that was in Jan of 03 nad I got the back oayment in June of 03. 4 digit number.

I have had no trouble with it but when we moved to Hawi'i It got pulled because Jasyn made too mucj money.

Good Luck to you and I hope you get itl I was not even turned down the first try either.

Nancy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center