Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

I have a question about SSDI
cindigal posted:
I could call social security but you know how they work, you can never to speak anyone. Also, any sites I went to about social secuity, you have sort through pages. That's why I am pleading here to get a answer to my question. I get SSDI every for my disabilty, speech aphasia stemming from brain injury. I am 57 now and was married 13 years and then we separated in 2005. He moved to another state and he started to get sick in big way with cancer. He passed away in January and it still hurts cause we will still chatting all the while we were separated. my question is would i be able get his Social Security because he was over 63 and was retired. He was also a veteran and was getting a stipen from VA. I hate to call seocial secuirty because you how it works when you call for any questions, you are on hold forever. I thought this place would be great to answer my question. Thank for in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Cindi,

If you were still married, than Yes, you would be entitled to his SS & maybe, VA benefits. I Was told by SS & Hubby: VA benefits depends on whether you were Married B4 he retired from the Service. But, I would suggest you call & hug that phone till you get answers about SS.

Good to see you & Hope you are doing well. Despite the loss of your ex. May he Rest in Peace.

Hugs Love Candi
saxofone1 replied to dancer86442's response:
Hi Cindi,

These new automated, voice response units(VRU) drive me crazy. Keep calling/bugging them til you get an answer!!!!

The system gave my mom the run-around when her husband passed but she eventually some answers. Think about seeking a legal advisor just in case.

Wish you well,
anthonybrownii replied to saxofone1's response:
It may take a lawyer to answer that question because it may take some filings to get it.
hula_dancer73 responded:
I sat there for over 3 hrs but had all the right info for the first time in my life. I had all the stuff in my date book. tests EEGs, MRIs, CTs, and others and who initiated them. I had all the cards of the doctors with their names and phone and fax #s on them. For some reason I was meant to have all that stuff. I had to sit but it only took 45 minutes to go thru everything to get it processed. that was in Jan of 03 nad I got the back oayment in June of 03. 4 digit number.

I have had no trouble with it but when we moved to Hawi'i It got pulled because Jasyn made too mucj money.

Good Luck to you and I hope you get itl I was not even turned down the first try either.

I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

Helpful Tips

Seizure First Aid More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center