Skip to content

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Epilepsy and Adhd
dfoxlv posted:
I have been having issues with not only my memory getting worse but my ADHD spinning. Does anyone else have the issue of a mind that wont stop, and cant remember either ? I'm very frustrated with this because my whole life I have been very sharp mentally and now both of these things are taking over. I'am 45 yrs old, and had my first Grand M 12 years ago.

dancer86442 responded:
Hello dfoxlv,

Welcome to Epland/Epilepsy Community. I haven't noted any recent posts on this topic. But, if you use our search tool located by Post 'Search This Community' you will find several pages of previous posts/comments/links for similar Issues.

I don't have ADHD, but, Short & Long Term Memory has been affected. Possibly medication or seizure disorder/epilepsy or both. And my head is Always 'talking to itself''. Dang if I can remember 2 minutes from now, What I said to my self, unless I wrote it down.It is frustrating, I know. So, I have more or less learned to depend on Calenders, Chalk Boards, dry erase or pen & paper/sticky notes. I was a an A-B student thru out school. I think several PTSD incidents could be responsible, too. Those happened B4 seizure activity. And that is when I Think my brain started 'slipping'. So much I don't recall of my formative, teen/adult life. You can clik on my pic or ID & read about my journey.

A New 'remedy' to sharpen the brain: 2 cups of hot chocolate a day. In the past, brain games were suggested And a walk around the block was Supposed to 'sharpen' the brain. Take your pick or do all 3. Let us know if it works for you!

Do you keep a daily Journal? Are your seizures controlled & what meds are you on? Any meds for ADHD? Hope you don't mind the questions. Hoping you stick around & share more of your experiences &/or support w/ others' who visit us. Hugs

Love Candi

saxofone1 responded:
Hi dfoxlv

Welcome to the family.

I don't have ADHD but I have had memory problems since my ep started in '75. I was told by docs and pharmacists that my memory lapses were most likely due to meds or seizure acitiviy/location.

We all use notes to remind us. It is so frustrating to know something and not be able to immediately recall it HIgh school was full of poor recall, short term memory. But I survived it.

Find some brain exercises that work for you. Hope you hang around and join in another discussions.

angie

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center