Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

small siezures(?) when moving eyes left or right
    bdt1805 posted:
    Hi, I have been having this problem for a long time now, but it only recently started getting worse. I have been diagnosed with epilepsy, and have had a (large) number of grand mal seizures in the past, but I have been seizure-free for a few years now due to my doctor prescribing me meds. Anyways, I have noticed that when I look left or right with my eyes, I feel sort of a "jolt", which tends to travel all the way from my head to my toes, sometimes making my big toe twitch a bit. looking up or down doesn't do anything, it's only left to right. Should I be worried?

dancer86442 responded:
    Hello bdt,

I apologize for not answering sooner. Comp Issues. So, Welcome to Epland/Epilepsy Community. Thank You for joining us. Congrats on Gran Mal Seizure Free. Me, too! 26 yrs for me.

I have never had any 'jolts' but have read of others' w/ Epi who do feel them & consider them a 'small' seizure. You said you have experienced this a Long Time?? Have you discussed this w/ your DR.? Are you keeping track of when they occur.? How do you feel after this happens? Tired, confused, etc???

Have you seen an optometrist about this, too? I would, just to rule out any significant eye problems. Hope this helps. Hugs!

Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Journals posted by Meetz
    Meetz posted: Hi there. I don't want to sound bossy or presumptuous, but after 44 years of practice with E, I have a bit of experience. I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    34 of 44 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center