Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
meds d/c'd
hula_dancer73 posted:
hi all,

I am getting off my Vimpat in 2 weeks finally. then I will be on THREE and NOT four. Finally reducing them. I will stay on 3 for a long time though.

I am still taki

ng 800 mgs of Lamictal, 200 mgs of Topamax, and 3 mgs of Klonopin. I will NEVER come off the Lamictal. ihave been on it for just over 10 yrs.

I am just so happy I am getting rid of the Vimat! That drig casued co may s/e that were not very good. It is also a class V drug, that all I did was sleep after taking it.

hawi'i id great. in the 70s and is just perfect.

Nancy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

hawiian_girl11 responded:
now they have added pamelor and Inderal both with the second used for migraine treatment. go from onr to qnother.

so now I HVE 2 more piled up on top oe everything elwe. but at least they are Not sz drugs. one is a TCA antdepressant nd the other one is a beta-blpocker and has lowered my BP by quite a lot and I am sleeping fr 3 or more hrs a day AFTER I am up and the kid has gone to school..

it hs gone from 120/70 to 106/60 andI I have only been on it for 2 weeks,

nancy

dancer86442 replied to hawiian_girl11's response:
Hi Nancy, I apologize for not replying sooner. I do hope your meds all agree w/ each other. Good to hear you are Off at least 1 seizure med. Hope That works for you. Hugs Love Candi

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center