Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
pppossible abcense?
hula_dancer73 posted:
hi candi,

when I went for my neuro appt I think I had a sz in his office.

At least he saaaais something about it.

My eyes rolled to the right and fluttered a few times.

What does this sound likw to you?

HE mentioned sz but neer said what kind it was and this doc KNOWS rtuff. I am guessomg he did not want to scare me.

Nancy
I live on O'ahu in West Honolulu-GO UH Warriors!

dancer86442 responded:
Absence or Aura?? Symptoms are similar to Both! Could be a reaction to titrating off the Vimpat. Maybe he didn't say what kind cuz he knows you Know about all the Types & symptoms of Epi you experience. No explanation needed.

Love Candi

dancer86442 replied to dancer86442's response:
Whoops, just noted you ain't going off Vimpat for another week or two. So, just a random episode. Any Idea what triggered it?

hula_dancer73 replied to dancer86442's response:
don't know what would have triggerec it, it just happenend.
Maybe I was just nervous abut making the plane back to Hawi'i.

I fly stand by a lot of time.

Who knows why I did that. Not the first time I had one in his office.

When I lived in PHX I had 3 in his office on different occasions.

Nancy

hula_dancer73 responded:
he tolsme I ihave AYTPICAL absence szs. because there is more movovng aroundl I flutter my my eyes 3 time with them rolled back and tap my figers on the table during the sz,, When it is over I stiop and pici up where I left off of what ever I wwaws doing.

Totally different than the regular ones. Just to make susre of his suspicans he is going t ohave a neuro here in Hawii run an EEG and get back to him with the results. I am too bussy to fly right now and have had 4 szs in the last 1.5 days.

THe EEG patter in different than the pattern than the one for the one that everyone is familiar withl.

It is scheduled for THurday and I will know by then beucase they will tell me and then get back with my neuro.

Nancy

dancer86442 replied to hula_dancer73's response:
Sounds like a Good Plan! I do Hope the EEG will provide answers. Maybe you should request a portable EEG, if this test shows nothing. Hugs Love Candi

hula_dancer73 responded:
hi Candi,

HE did dx as petet mal szs becusd of the pattered on the EEG.

HE said the blow to my head after the caar accifent caused thata So now I hae them to deal with and my Cocmplex Partail ''it is a mess,

don't know how it it happed maybe I backed out ajd that caused the accidentl But the ER whastn not interested in the szs the were oreinteresef in my back and neckandall than. Never looked at at my bravlete,.

maholo

nancy

dancer86442 responded:
Simple Complex!

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center