Depakote used with Ortho Tri Cyclin
Chantie posted:
I was diagnosed with Epilepsy when I was 12 years old and prescribed with Depakote 500 mg twice a day. about2 years later I started having periods, and they've always been abnormal. So I was prescribed Ortho Tri Cyclin.[br>[br>I'm 25 now, and was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis in September 2012, had a complete hysterectomy and oophorectomy in December 2012. I've been doing some research about Endometriosis since then and found that Endometriosis is a genetic disease. However, I also found that no one in my family has or has had Endometriosis of any stage.[br>[br>My question is this, and I really need help figuring this out. Is it possible that Depakote mixed with Ortho Tri Cyclin can cause Endometriosis?

dancer86442 responded:
Chantie,

This is a question you should discuss w/ your Pharmacist! I think they would be your best Source for Med Interactions &/or Possible Side Effects.

As for Endometriosis/genetics: You do realize that genetic disorders can skip several generations? A previous ancestor May have had this disorder, but, never informed anyone or the Info just got lost over the yrs. No one in my family history, supposedly, had seizure disorders or recorded them, Until this generation. Me, sister, cousin, daughter, mom, nieces ,Great Niece & now, brother have All had seizure Issues. Something to consider if the Pharmacy has no Clue.

Love Candi

saxofone1 responded:
Welcome Chantie,

I hope you find answers to your concerns. I question my pharmacist about many of my meds. Though I now live in Henderson, NV(neighboring city of Vegas) I often call my prior pharmacist in Mpls to talk about my meds. They are great people to talk with about our meds.

Hope you hang around and join in some other discussions. New thoughts/info are always helpful.

angie

hawiian_girl11 responded:
I never took birth control but I did take Depakote for 2 years at 2000 mgs and it made me toxic.

nancy