Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
Epiletic Vertigo
missyl43 posted:
My 43 yr. Old son has been diagnosed with this after 6 visits with as many diffe-ren type Drs. He is a local trucker but at this point in diagnoses can not drive truck which could cause him tto loose his CDL. In fact he can't drive anything right now. He can't even work. He has a young family-4 children and wife. He is so worried and depressed! Can anyone tell me about this . What are his chances of working or getting over this? Whenever he gets up his legs start trembling,gets dizzy and has to sit back down. Is there medication for this? They haven't started anything yet. He goes back to neurologist next week. Thanks for any thing u can send me. Believe much appreciated!

dancer86442 responded:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK7340/

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Epileptic-Seizure-Symptoms.aspx

Hello Missy, Welcome to Epilepsy Community aka Epland.
Thank You for sharing your son's Issues. I do hope the links above answer your questions. It may be 'trial & error' to find a med/dose that works for your son. So, don't give up Hope. Time & Patience & Support is Needed. I would suggest he, also, file for SSDI or Disability. Until he finds Control. His DR needs to verify his Issues. It may take more than one petition to get Help, though. If denied, seek a lawyer & re-appeal!

Please keep us posted. Keep keep learning & encourage your son & family to do so, also. Visit our Tips area to the rite & read about Journals, page 2 I think. Hugs

Love Candi
November is Epilepsy Awareness Month Wear Purple/Place a Purple light in/on home/businesses. Encourage others' to show Their support

hawiian_girl11 responded:
my grandma has developed crsyals crsytals in her middle ear.this has caused her to have severe balance problems.
shealso has CHF and rather all that fluid collecting around her hear she throws it up. wenh we were this summer she had avout 6 episodes along wiwht falling off the toilet abd between the wall an it I ai had to call her froed Joe a volunteer EMS paprmedic lives down the street and got hkm th ere and he and another paramedic got her our from betwenn the wall and the toilet. she hs that life ine mecll,ace but does she use it ...nope. refuses too she doedn'tjink she needs it but uf she oushe the button on her the one ok on here and founf her dead. it is not a matter of it it is when and it will happrren

n her hand heodl one the EMS whojld be there in less rhan 5 minutes, sorry about all the thyosy. I had a sz at 8 30 pm Hawaii time.

nancy

she wants to die in that house aned some day we are going to get a all fro Joe tat he whemt to cjrv

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center