Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Newly diagnosed? Visit the Epilepsy Health Center, check out community tips and review resources.
not leaving HI for holidays
hawiian_girl11 posted:
Aloha

I just whihst Lived closww wer so I could comehome jhome for these next few holidays.

but I just can.t right now we can nott affort the flight back and I am in scnool at UH and still have classes to take thru finals. when we aew with the fianls we an leave we can ,leave. IIhave 3 to take, so I will not be going home for x-mas, frindes over here invted us to their home for turlry day. so no going home at all. that is what happenes when you live so far away.

nancy

dancer86442 responded:
Hi Nancy,

I know the majority of your friends & family are here in AZ & this is where ya wanna be. But, Face It, Woman! Hawaii is now your Home! Enjoy your Thanksgiving w/ Friends. Be Thankful for all you Have!

I know I wouldn't mind calling Hawaii: Home. Good Luck on the tests. Hugs

Love candi
November is Epilepsy Awareness Month Wear Purple/Place a Purple light in/on home/businesses. Encourage others' to show Their support

hawiian_girl11 replied to dancer86442's response:
we moved to Hawaii because my husband took a job there workring at a hospital at Straub Hospital. We also figured it was because to get ot of the house where my youngest daugeter died from JME. WE did not want to sit around and dwell on it so we moved there as well and start over. her memories will always be with us be we couldn't stand being there.anymore o we moved.

hawiian_girl11 replied to dancer86442's response:
hi Candi,

I have to come back at some point to see my TMJ doc. he is going to have me inject me with 3 different dhot 3 times a day for 5 days, but will have too take it home to Hawaii I can not stay in PHX for a week.

I will be injecting DHE-45, Eating phenergen, and injecting Reglen. All of that 3 times a day for 5 days.

PAinful and yuck.

nancy

hawiian_girl11 replied to hawiian_girl11's response:
the D.H.E.-45 isa hospital drug used in hospitals but my headaches are so bad my TMJ/Headache doc got his staff/MA to go thru the denial then the authorization so I could have it.

I am also taking Promethazine which is the anti-nausea pill if I need it.

HE wants me to be here for the entire 5 days in case I have a problem. my mom is going to inject me oonly he does not know that. I can not do this myself. it is a 2 person job.

when I had an intracabel Migraine that would not go away for 3 days she tok me to the hospital and they gave me D.H.E.-45, dilauaded, and norco thru IV.now is has to be given by IM. I can not di this in my arm due to the fact that the VNS is in the way causeing me to not to be able to reach all thee way to either shoulder.

so she is going to give it like a flu shot.

so we will see what happenes after I see him this week sometime.

I have to leave my child and husband home for 5 days. that aught to be inetersting to see him hold down the fort with the hrs he works unless he can get them changed to be home with her.

I will keep ou posted.

nancy ---GO UH WARRIORS!

Helpful Tips

Want to change font size?
It is easy to make the font bigger press and hold your control key and click on the + key until it's as big as you like, To make ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 41 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Epilepsy Center