Extreme Changes In Weather And Or Temperatures And Seizures
Anon_35109 posted:
I live up here in the northeast, one of the areas hit by this recent winter storm. The temperature had been staying in the 30's and 40's roughly. Early Thursday morning it felt like energy surging through my body, from my head down. I became irritated and the noise from my radiator drove me from my room. The temperature had plunged to 2 degrees as the height of the storm was raging outside. All that day I was not doing well, in fact I may have had another episode. January 5 I woke up feeling very similar but not as intense. Someone turning the water on and off made me irritated. The temperature had gone back up to around 35 degrees. Usually the noises I complained about don't bother me, these noises are usual for a 100+ year old house, I'm used to them.
Could this cause seizures? If that's what I experienced.

dancer86442 responded:
I'm Glad I live in AZ. But, yes, drops in barometric temps can trigger seizures. In some people. May I ask Why you Think you had an Episode? What type of seizures do you have? But, I Think I have experienced a similar 'rush of energy' & That was due to a new med I was on. sudden mood changes are a frequent 'hazard' of our medications. suggestion: Add B6 & Vitamin D3 to your regimen. If you haven't already. Ask your pharmacist about dosage for B6. D3 start w/ 1000IU & increase weekly, if needed, up to 5000IU. This should Help!

Hugs

Love Candi
November is Epilepsy Awareness Month Wear Purple/Place a Purple light in/on home/businesses. Encourage others' to show Their support

hawiian_girl11 replied to dancer86442's response:
hi guys,

the low pressure fronts anywhere cause me t have szs. even he ones in Hawaii where I live. it is humid here and never goes beyond the 70s for a high.

But I have always been bothered by the fronts.

Neuro says that is one of the triggers for a sz and there is no beating it,

At elast he thinks so.

I fly in from my home here in Hawaii to see him on MOnday the 13th and also see my TMJ/headache doc as well.

The TMJ doc referred me to a Migaine specialst to get my hx and to talk to me and try to think of ways we can gets the right med combos so I do not have to be on as many headache meds as Iam. HE is going to work with my TMJ/hradhaccche doc as well to get it all integragted . As least this new doc is part of the e ame facility as my neurrro but instead if Sun City he I s u r in Scottsdale at the ANI headache CLininc.

I will find out from my neurro who does have epilepsy as his sub specialsy about the rain and front thing for you and the Migraine doc about MIgrianes during fronts as well.

I have alsmost daily Migraines an have to take a cchoice of about 4 or 5 meds when that occurs.

Every three months I have to fly in from Hawaii to se the neruo but I do not mind. HE does the VNS and he does not want anyone else to take care of that. And personally netiher do I.

so I Fly in for that.

good luck with what it is ou are doing and neneding help with..

Candi is good with what hse says. She has been on this board for over 20 years so she knows her stuff.

she wouls never tell someone wrong.

Nancy

hawiian_girl11 replied to hawiian_girl11's response:
I have to retract something. I said that it never gets hotter than 70 for a high. I ment that it never gets higher than that as a low in the summer. It can get up as high as in the 90s in the summer days. in the fall and winter which we basically have none of it gets to the 60s at night and in the 70s in the daytime deoending which island you are on. I live on O'ahu and it can be in the 80s here and in the 90s on Maui. The weather is so weird here.

mahola,

nancy

gatorclaw replied to dancer86442's response:
It was early in the morning, I woke up suddenly. I was wide awake and began to curl up in a ball with my arms over my head. I became aggitated and antsy, the sound of the furnace began to bother me, I had to leave my room, almost like sensory overload. I could feel intense energy running through my body. I have lived in this house for nearly 11 years so I'm used to the sound of the radiators, except for that night. My meds haven't changed. I took an Atavan and I felt myself calm down eventually and went back to sleep. Most of that day I was physicaly exhausted, like the "snot had been kicked out of me." That night is when that winter storm hit us. Soon after the storm left, the temperatures plumeted. I told my doctor about it but I don't know if she felt it was a seizure or not.

dancer86442 replied to gatorclaw's response:
Gatorclaw,

I'm not sure that was seizure activity, either. I'm not a DR, but, this sounds more like an anxiety or panic attack. It may have been due to the weather or your medications. Whatever it was it totally stressed you & your system. I would go ahead & note the events in the Journal. IF it occurs again, ask your DR to check your med levels. Take it One Day at a Time. Ask Others' to keep an eye on you.

I'm Glad I'm in AZ. 78% yesterday. Although the wind was blowing Big Time. Enough where you could see the dirt flying in the air. Off in the distance, the skies were dirty! The dirt was miles High as well as Miles long. Got More wind this morn. Better than freezing, I guess.

Take Care. Keep us updated. We will be here for you! Hugs

Love Candi
March 26 Epilepsy Awareness Day Advocate

hawiian_girl11 responded:
I just had a bunch of szs due to weather changes in Hawaii.

I had several Complex Partials and a whole slew of drop attacks that are new to me currently. I have had them before but not to the extent they are now.

But I have had a really hard time with the crazy weather here as well. We have had rain wind temps in t he upper 70s dpwn from the 80s and so on. so don't feel alone. I already posted on this thread as well.

NAncy